Altering Years

Chapter Fourteen - Building Of The Mad (Part Three) **NOT EDITED**

Mood: Muse - Unintended <3

~Mai~

I sigh while heading up to the rooftop of the hotel again, my dreams being very persistent with sexual activity. Once up there, I, of course, find Naru sitting in the same spot as last night, a warm cup of tea with him this time. I walk over and sit down in front of him, watching him type, pushing all thoughts out of my mind.

"What are you doing up here again?" Naru sighs, stopping his work to look at me, both of us staring at each other.

"Just a dream, that's all. What are you doing up here?" I question, laying my head on my hand while he stares at me, slowly blinking.

"Couldn't sleep." Naru shrugs, setting his tea down, saving his work, and exiting out of it, playing some sort of song. "Have you ever heard of the band, Muse?" Naru goes on, trying to make conversation.

"I have, but I've never really listened to any of their music."

"Well, this is one of their songs. It's called Unintended. You'll probably like it." Naru pushes his laptop over to me, allowing me to listen to the song and watch the lyric video, Naru himself standing up and heading over to the ledge of the roof, looking at the ward.

Instead of looking at the lyrics, I look at Naru as the beautiful song plays, the wind ruffling his hair slightly, sadness hid deep within his eyes. I stand up and walk over, placing my right hand on his bicep, my other arm going between his side and arm as I do so.

"Why do I feel like this song is a direct look into your life," I mumble, Naru looking down at me, his eyes holding so many emotions at once.

"Probably because my life is like this song, Mai," Naru explains, moving his away from me while thinking, hand running through his hair.

"Well, why don't you tell me about your life then, Naru?" I offer, feeling the need to comfort him for some reason. I stay back, though, not sure if I should approach him again.

"You really want to know more about me, Mai?" Naru sighs, turning towards me while thinking about it.

"Yes. I've been trying to get to know you for the last few years and haven't really succeeded that much." I answer truthfully, watching Naru smile while looking at me, his smile sending chills through my body.

Naru walks back to me, slowly, his hand coming up and running through my hair slowly. "If you really want to know, then I'll tell you. Come on." Naru leads me over to the table, the song on repeat apparently since it hasn't ended just quite.

"What would you like to know?" Naru murmurs, his hand holding mine, now that I've just noticed, my face turns a shade of red no doubt.

"Well, what was your life like growing up?"

"I was an orphan at one point," Naru explains, staring me deep in the eyes, his tea now cold from being neglected.

I don't speak, but let him continue, even though the surprise is evident on my face.

"As you already know, I was adopted by the Davis'. I had a twin brother as well, named Eugene. He was killed by a woman driving, who ended up throwing his body in a pond." Naru pauses, letting me absorb all of this information about him.

I squeeze his hand while tracing small patterns on the top of it with my friend hand. Naru stays silent while looking at me, debating on what to say next while thinking. "You don't have to tell me anymore if you don't want to, you know?" I quickly murmur, watching the frown on his face disappear into a smile.