Altering Years

Chapter Ten - Clown Posse (Part Three) **NOT EDITED**

Mood: Insane Clown Posse - Boogie Woogie Wu

~Naru~

I keep staring at the back of Mai's head as she walks ahead of me, my shirt hanging off of her shoulder, revealing her smooth skin. I swallow hard while trailing my eyes along her shoulder and the curve of her neck, feeling a ball of heat form in my stomach. I close my eyes and sigh, trying to ignore the lust that's slowly overcoming my body. I snap my eyes open when I hear her squeak, watching as she starts to fall backward from jumping away from a spider.

I catch her with ease before she hits the ground; my hands laced under her arms, keeping her up. "You need to be more careful." I sigh, standing her up, a hand going to her hair to ruffle it out of anxiety.

"Sorry Naru, it just came out of nowhere." Mai excuses, turning around and continuing down the path, Miss Matsuzaki walking with Mr. Takigawa, John asking Lin many questions.

I catch up with Mai easily by taking to large steps, standing right beside her now while walking. "Thanks for the comfort last night, I was really creeped out." Mai whispers, not giving away the small cuddling we did last night to anyone else, Lin already knowing since he was up first.

"You're welcome, you needed it." I let my arm immediately go in front of her once we come across an opening that leads to the practice site. "Alright everyone, we're here. Do we remember the teams?"

"It's supposed to be Monk, you, and I for one team--and Ayako, Lin, and John for the other, right?" Mai questions, turning to look at me, a smile on her face.

"I still think that I should go with you." Lin argues, crossing his arms and looking at me.

"Lin, we'll be fine. After all, when we need you we will shout." Mr. Takigawa eases, placing an arm around Mai, making jealousy ball in my stomach.

"Let's get to work." I urge, nodding towards the two of them.

"Right!" Mai cheers while starting to walk ahead towards the red and white striped tent.

When the three of us walk in, I'm surprised from a number of birds that are in here, along with the stench of something metal. I look towards Mr. Takigawa and notice his expression is similar to mine. "You guy's smell it too?"

I look over at the short brunette who is standing a few feet in front of me, her fingers clasped tightly around her nose as she breathes in through her mouth. "It reeks in here of blood." Mr. Takigawa seconds, heading around the tent and walking up the bleacher stands that are there, taking a look down each wooden seating paths that are there, trying to find something.

I leave him be so he can continue searching, turning my attention back to Mai--finding her to be staring down at the ground at something with a horrified expression, her breathing ragged, and her body shaking. "Mai," I call out, witnessing the way her body reacts to my voice.

On cue, she heaves while turning away from what she was staring at, making me walk towards her in a fast stride, pulling her hair back in case she does, in fact, vomit. I internally worry as a small amount of saliva with a discoloration to it drips out of her mouth, landing on the dirt flooring.

After she finishes her heaving, Mai stands back up and wipes her mouth on the back of her arm while taking deep shallow breaths, her eyes focusing on a spot on the bleachers.

"What's wrong, Mai?" Mr. Takigawa questions in worry when he realizes her state.

Mai just points to what she was looking at, making Mr. Takigawa and myself head over to the area and look down. I feel my eyes widen at the sight before me, finding a grotesque severed arm with blood oozing out of it, flesh hanging off of the cut end, the skin purple and ashy, adorned with a bite mark in the middle.