Reset

I stared at the reset button for a long time. I'd reset quite a few times before, going back to try new things, meet new people, basically learn everything possible. Some decisions I made, like killing everyone, was mostly out of curiosity. I only did that once, and it was traumatizing to say the least. I still regret it, but at least I'm not curious anymore. The only reason I reset now is to see what would happen if I changed one thing I said or did. This time I was resetting for the fun of it. It was fun reliving certain moments, and occasionally finding new secrets.
Sans knew about my reset powers, and we made an agreement that I only use them for simple reasons. I still don't think he's forgiven me for that one time...but to be honest I have no idea what got into me back then. I don't know what inspired me to do such horrible things, it was as if I was...possessed. My hands shook a little as I reached towards the reset button. Something didn't feel right. Something bad was going to happen, and it was making me hesitate about pushing reset. It might be a bad idea, but I was determined to figure out why I was given I bad feeling.
So I pushed the button.
When I awoke again, I was in the usual patch of yellow flowers. The air seemed colder, and the area seemed darker. I got up and began walking into the darkness. I counted to ten, then right on cue Flowey appeared. He looked terrified.
"F-Frisk? What's going on? Something's wrong, something's really really wrong." His words were rushed and panicked. I squatted down in front of him and lightly patted his top petal.
"Shhhh, calm down Flowey. What's wrong?" I whispered. He took a deep breath to calm himself a bit before speaking again.
"Something went wrong with the reset. I didn't look around too much, but from what I've seen everything is definitely wrong." Before I could respond I heard the familiar footsteps of Toriel in the distance. They were usually very soft sounds, since her fur cushioned her feet like slippers, but now they sounded louder. It was like she was stomping to where me and Flowey were. Flowey looked at me with wide frightened eyes before disappearing into the ground. I looked up at the approaching dark figure, and started to feel nervous. Toriel stepped into the light and glared down at me.
    "Hm...what a pathetic creature." She said in an annoyed tone. Sometimes I hear her talk this way to Asgore, but never to me. Her tone of voice wasn't the only difference, her appearance was different too. Her usually purple dress was jet black, with a few small rips at the bottom. The whites of her eyes were now yellow, and there was redness under her eyes. Her teeth looked sharper and larger than normal when she spoke. "Get up." I stood up quickly, and she motioned for me to follow her. She was silent as we walked through the familiar hallways that eventually led to her house. She didn't bother explaining any of the puzzles, which was ok since I memorized them, but was still abnormal.
Halfway down the longest hallway that Toriel usually made me walk alone on she stopped suddenly. I ended up running into her leg and falling backwards. She turned around and stared down at me with a dark expression.
"You're still alive, huh. And you didn't even attempt to ask for help on the puzzles. How odd." Even though she wasn't threatening me her words dripped with venom, and her gaze shot cold shivers down my spine. If Flowey was telling the truth when he said everything was different, then the others had to be terrifying. Toriel is one of the nicest monsters I know, and if she was scarring me...
"I'm Toriel by the way, I might as well tell you. " Toriel seemed to be kind of unsure what to do now as she looked around the room. "Um...I need to go get some stuff so, don't move. Here, you can call me if you need anything." Toriel threw the phone at me as she turned and walked away, and I caught it just before it smacked into my face. I stared at where she exited, my hands trembling a bit as they held the phone. I could try calling her, but I honestly was scared to. Flowey appeared in front of me, and only my eyes moved to look down at him.
"See? Everything's all wrong! Everyone's gone mad! They're all evil and scary and...I'm scared." I bent down to his level and hugged him, and for once in a long time, he didn't protest. Flowey hasn't noticed, but he seems to acting different too. He hasn't turned evil like the others, it's exactly the opposite. Flowey wasn't very good to begin with, so I guess the messed up reset just changed everyones personalities to be opposite. Maybe that means some of the less nice monsters will be kinder now. Too bad the more powerful ones like Sans and Papyrus and Undyne and Asgore will probably be terrifying. Flowey's worried voice broke me out of my thoughts. "You have to reset, m-maybe...everything will be ok then." I thought for a moment, then shook my head.
"I don't want to." I said firmly. It was true, I was interested in this weird world. A little scared, but still interested. "Besides, I think it'll end up this way even if I reset."
"Could you at least try?" Flowey whined.
"No. We're already this far." I felt a little bad when I looked at Flowey's scared expression, so I smiled and pat his head. "Hey, it'll be ok. We'll get through this together." Flowey's tiny eyes seemed to shine when I said this, and a small smile formed on his face.
"Alright, we should probably explore a bit before Toriel gets back." He said, motioning at the door with one of his leafs. I nodded and stood up. Together we traveled into the other room, where even more strange differences awaited us.