Chapter 17

A/N: A little time jump to move them along :) Also, adding the NC17 rating to this chapter. Enjoy! Thank you for your votes and comments, please keep them coming! Xo

***

It had been a whirlwind couple of weeks since we'd returned from Ohio. My parents had mixed feelings about my future plans. They were mildly upset I'd chosen to decline the position at NYU, but my mom assured me they understood and wanted me to pursue career happiness. My dad didn't have much to say about it and I prayed he didn't hate me for turning down the opportunity he'd tried to get for me. It was slightly liberating though. Between a savings account set up by my late grandfather and parents, they'd paid for my education, car, and the apartment Jamie was currently moving into. Not taking the job was the first step in declining their assistance in my adult life. The second was Jamie taking over my lease with permission from the landlord. I honestly thought my dad would try to fight him about it, but he was surprisingly willing and excited for us to take the next step. My dad, of all people, was happy his little girl had decided to move in with a man. My mom and sister must've had some say in his approach. Everything around me seemed to be changing, and I felt like a new Kelsey was coming to life.

"Fuck!" Jamie's loud curse word from the other room startled me out of my thoughts.

I pried myself off of the couch, every muscle in my body on fire from carrying boxes and furniture, and made my way into the bedroom.

"Everything all right?" I asked.

He was grimacing and holding the ends of his fingers. "Just smashed my bloody hand between the dresser and the wall."

"Poor baby." I walked to him, taking his hurt hand into mine and kissing the tips of his red fingers.

He sighed. "Whose idea was this to move my shit over here?"

I chuckled. "My mom's. Blame her."

He smiled, shaking his head. "Gee thanks, Karen."

"Are we done for today?" I pouted, sitting down on the edge of my bed. Or was it our bed now? My heart pounded loudly at the thought.

"Actually I think we might be totally done. Leo was doing one last sweep before handing my keys over."

He plopped down beside me, laying back against the mattress and staring at the ceiling. I joined him, resting my head on his shoulder.

"Let's take a nap," I muttered.

"As amazing as that sounds, I'm starving," he replied.

Truthfully I was, too. However, I had zero desire to get up, and barely any energy to change to go somewhere or cook, whichever he wanted.

"Order take out," I said.

"Great idea."

He kissed the top of my head as we laid there in silence for the longest time; my eyesight moving up and down with the rise and fall of his breathing. The sound of his heartbeat lulling me into a trance.

"What sounds good?" he mumbled.

"Literally anything."

I smiled when his laugh vibrated beneath me.

"If you let me choose, it'll be pizza and beer," he said.

I sat up on my elbow. "Okay. That sounds amazing."

"A pizza and beer kinda gal. Another reason to love you."

I moved to leave a quick kiss on his lips before sitting up and dragging him with me. He whined when I pulled him by the hand to his feet.