Chapter 41

A/N: Wow you guys, this is a lot harder to say than I imagined it would be. But this is officially the FINAL CHAPTER of Endlessly :( I cannot believe the wonderful feedback and attention it has received; I'm truly honored you've all followed my story and supported it unconditionally! It is beyond appreciated; know that I'm forever touched by your kindness :) I will write an epilogue sometime very soon to wrap everything up, but I also have a surprise waiting for you at the end of this chapter. Please enjoy this last piece of Jamie and Kelsey's honeymoon. Thank you again, FOR EVERYTHING! Xo

***

Jamie and I were halfway through our honeymoon and it had been nothing shy of spectacular. We'd spent a day shopping in Milan, and another we'd rented a boat and stayed at sea all afternoon, making waves in a no wake zone. We also went to some gorgeous cathedrals and toured many ancient buildings whose architecture was unrivaled. The U.S. had a tendency to seek modern amenities, so most of our buildings weren't original, or were modified versions at best. However, Europe had a flavor that I hadn't found in America, and it was one of appreciation. They valued their old buildings and created ways to utilize them in the modern world; it was inspiring. I found all of it quite fascinating and had built a decent collection of photos on our tours; many were of the two of us in those various locations. They were memories I wanted to capture to last a lifetime.

When we weren't out on excursions, we were watching the sunset over the Italian landscape with a glass of wine in our hands. Jamie woke me every morning with a kiss, which often led to a sensual romp before starting our day. I couldn't dream up a better escape than the one he'd given me, and I loved him for indulging my fantasies.

We'd gone snorkeling earlier in the morning and I'd caught a nice little tan. I now sat poolside, working on making it more prominent while Jamie disappeared inside the villa. However, the mid-afternoon sun was blazing, and I couldn't wait any longer for him to join me in the water.

Setting my sunglasses on the table between our chairs, I adjusted my bikini and walked to the edge of the pool. I was grateful we had it all to ourselves and I didn't have to compete with tourists. Holding my breath I dove in, the water instantly cooling my hot skin.

I swam to the opposite side before coming up for air. I wiped my eyes as Jamie came into view, holding a bowl in his hand.

"Swimming without me?" He pouted.

"Sorry, babe. I was suffocating and didn't know when you'd be back."

I swam to where he stood, and he watched me approach beneath his black Ray-Bans. I grabbed onto his ankles when I reached him, looking up at his towering frame.

"Dammit," he mumbled.

"I said I was sorry!"

"I know, but I'm torn. I really want to jump in with you, but I also don't want our gelato to melt."

"You have gelato? Oh my God, gimme!"

I stretched my hands toward him, but he pulled the bowl back playfully.

"How bad do you want it?" he asked.

"What flavor?"

"Pistachio from Gelateria del Borgo."

I whimpered at the sound of his Italian mixed with his already prominent Irish accent. We'd been to that shop three times since we'd arrived, and I'd mentioned the last time we should just get a pint to take with us. I was pleased he'd arranged for that to happen.

"I need, please." I reached up again and he merely laughed.

"I like seeing you beg from this position."