The Arrival

I wake up on a beach, and stand up quickly, taking in my surroundings. In front of me, is the ocean as far as I can see. The only thing I see in the distance is a giant skull shaped island. A shiver rushes through me as I watch the waves crash against it.

Behind me there's a forest, that has a dark vibe to it. The trees are tall, and ominous. I can hear insects chirping and I hear yelling from somewhere in the forest, causing me to jump. I turn back around to the water, and watch as it crashes against the cliffs to my left.

Suddenly I hear ,"Are you lost?" I spin around and notice a boy sitting on a rock. Where did he come from??

He stands up and takes a few steps towards me, and I notice he's wearing green pants, and a green shirt with a thick brown leather belt around his waist, and brown boots. I look back up to his face and note his unruly brown hair, and am shocked by how green his eyes are. His eyes are captivating and mysterious. I can't tell what he's thinking.

"Are you lost?" He repeats himself. I blink once, and realize he's moved closer to me.

I take a few steps back before answering, "Who are you? Where am I?"

He frowns, before answering me. "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Peter. Peter Pan. And this is Neverland. Welcome to my island! And your name is?"

"Lily. My name is Lily." I say.

"Well, Lily, I would also like to know why you are here, and how you got here. However, that is a problem for a later time. First things first, is we should head back to camp, and get some food in you." He turns and begins back towards the forest. He pauses and glances back at me.

"That is unless you wish to stay here and starve. Then be my guest." With that said, he continues on, and I look at him shocked, but I slowly trudge after him.

What is going on!?! I think to myself as I hurry to catch up with the mysterious boy who calls himself Peter Pan.

PAN'S POV:

My eyes snap open, as I sit up from where I had been perched in my thinking tree. It's been a while since I've felt this. Someone new has set foot on the island, but there's something strange about this energy. It feels different. It feels hotter, stronger, brighter.

I leap off the branch and take off across the sky towards the beach, where the energy is coming from.

Who is causing such discomfort in me?? Who is this new stranger??

I quietly land in the shadows of the forest and look across the beach to the unconscious girl lying in the sand. I sneak over to her and look down at her, and I study her features.

She has dark red hair, smooth tan skin, high cheekbones. She's wearing a black tank top, with short jean shorts, and black and white converse. I reach towards her, almost against my will, and grab some of her hair between my fingers; soft as silk. I wish I knew what color her eyes were. I see her face start to scrunch up and I quickly let go and retreat into the shadows of the forest.

I watch as she wakes up and quickly takes in her surroundings. She looks towards skull rock and I see a shiver race through her. She turns towards the forest, and I hold my breath when I think she's spotted me, but she jumps when yelling erupts from throughout the forest. She hesitantly turns back towards the water and watches the waves crash against the cliffs to our left.

I quickly and quietly step out and sit cross legged on a big rock and watch her for a moment before saying," Are you lost??"

She whirls around, and looks shocked to see me. I stand up and take a few steps towards her, and stop when she starts looking me up and down. She looks back up, and into my eyes and seems to enter a trance.

Her eyes are a deep chocolate brown.

I take a few steps closer and repeat," Are you lost??"

She takes a few steps back before answering. "Who are you?? Where am I??"

I frown.  "Oh, where are my manners? My name is Peter. Peter Pan. And this is Neverland. Welcome to my island! And your name is?"

"Lily. My name is Lily." She says.

"Well, Lily, I would also like to know why you are here, and how you got here. However, that is a problem for a later time. First things first, is we should head back to camp, and get some food in you." I turn and begin back towards the forest. I pause and glance back at her.

"That is unless you wish to stay here and starve. Then be my guest." With that said, I continue on, and a second later I hear her hurrying to catch up.