Chapter 6 - News

Jack POV

Mark was still on bedrest, and as far as I knew, doing as the doctors ordered. He was recovering quite quickly. Lexie and Jessica has called, saying they were coming over today. So, I gave them the address, and waited for their arrival.

Ding Dong

I open the door to reveal two seemingly sad girls. It was the day before they left for Ohio, and I was guessing they came to say their goodbyes. I invited them in and led them to the living room, where Mark was watching My Neighbor Totoro for the 8th time. He paused the anime, and sat up slightly, getting ready for the girls saying goodbye.

"So, we have bad news" Lexie said, looking up from the floor.

"yeah.. it sucks." Jess chimed in. They looked at each other with raised eyebrows.

"We know you guys leave tomorrow, and I know Jack told you about us, so we know the bad news. Don't worry, Jack and I will fly in to see you, or we'll fly you out." Mark says with a grin.

"Yeah, we understand. It's no biggie." I reply too.

"Well, actually..." Lexie begins

Jess soon cuts in " the bad news is you guys will be seeing a lot more of us. We bought a house here in LA."

I literally jump from my seat and rush over to where they sat. Tackling them to the floor, I hug them tightly and nearly squeal with joy. But, bosses don't squeal. I let them up and they go easily hug Mark. He's very happy about this also, but can't do what I just did yet.

"We also have another thing to talk about." Lexie says. We settle back down and listen. Even Jess doesn't seem to know what's going on.

"I'm the only one to see the house. And I've given Jess no details about it. But heres a little bit. It is 8 bedrooms and 6 bathrooms. Now, Jess and I have no need for that much space, and we know you two have wanted to move out of this house, I figured we could all move into this house. It's huge, so it's not like we'll be all up on each other, theres plenty of space, and we're all friends. Its paid off already, the people who owned it wanted a smaller house and left 7,563 dollars let on the house, so I paid it off. I mean, if you don't want to, it's fine. I was just throwing out the option. Plus, there's two pools and three hot tubs. " Lexie says.

Jess looks at her astonished "You never told me this.... wow."

"That was the point. It was my surprise to you. And now Jack and Mark if they accept my offer."

"Well, I, uh, I want to. It sounds great. And just. Oh my gosh, Mark can weeee?" I say like a child toward the end.

"Of course, now we just need to let Matt and Ryan know."

Speaking of Matt and Ryan, here they come.

"Have to tell us what?" Ryan says looking down. I could almost taste the cigarette smoke coming from him.

"Um, well, this is a long story" Mark says, looking to me.

---

Mark finishes telling them about everything. About he and I, about why I moved to America, about how we met Jess and Lex. Everything. They were very accepting though.

"... So Jack and I decided to move in with Jess and Lex because its a huge place, as this is when there is only a couple people here, its more conveniently located, and so they aren't alone in a city they just moved into." Mark concludes. Ryan's jaw tightens and releases quickly, showing signs of disapproval for this plan. He doesn't say anything though, and saunters off to his room. Matt seems to be full of joy, however. He's always been supportive.