21 - Eternal Promise

Author's note: I skipped the time from the engagement to the marriage because I really wanted to write this. Also, I will be writing in three POV's in this chapter. Mark's in the dressing room, Jack's in the dressing room, and third person for the actual ceremony. Enjoy.
Mark POV

Black suit.
White tie.
Red rose.
Ring close.
Champagne.
Smiles.
Marriage.

* Four hours prior*

"Lexie! Hurry up with my suit!" I yelled. I was frantic. I had only four hours until I was to stand and see the love of my life walk down the red aisle that had been laid.

"Steaming takes a minute," she calls back. "Do your hair! Polish your shoes! Vlog! Preoccupy yourself!"

I had been pacing for an hour. Running sweaty hands through gelled hair. Taking out and putting in contacts. Trying glasses instead. Switching back to contacts. Undoing and redoing the bouquet arrangement that would be carried by Luna down the aisle. Anything to keep me busy.

It wasn't working.

She finally came out with my suit neatly hug up. There wasn't a single fold line in sight. The boutonniere was already pinned securely in place, just over my heart. It was obsidian, with a gray shirt and pure white tie. I smiled at the sight.

"C-can I put it on?" I asked nervously.

"You are getting married in a half hour." She smiled.

And that I was.

That I was.

Jack's POV

"Jessica! My hair isn't staying in place!" I yelled. Jess was currently tying my tie in some fancy way she had saw on Pinterest.

"Did you even touch the gel?" She calls. I hadn't.

My brain had scrambled from the wedding nerves. I hadn't remembered my vows, even though I could recite them backward in Latin yesterday. I was a complete wreck; pacing, fiddling, and yelling at Jessica were my three favorite things right now.

It was approximately twenty minutes until I had to walk down the aisle, after Lex and Jess, and Brooke and Annika. These last thirty minutes were the worst.

"Jessica! Where's my boutonniere?" I called. I had finally gotten my suit on and tie secured. My suit was a pearl white with a black tie. I was supposed to have a single red rose pinned to my heart, but it was nowhere to be seen.

"It's on the table! I put the pin in it already. " She called back. And there it was. There wasn't a single speck of brown nor a wilted or torn petal. It was perfect.

A perfect rose for a perfect day.

I looked back down at my phone before slipping it into my trouser pocket.

It's time.

I was going to marry Mark.

Third Person POV

The hall was white with long red drapes hanging in front of the doors to the chapel. Lexie and Brooke were standing in matching red dresses while Jessica and Annika stood in matching green. Each woman stood holding a bouquet of the opposite color. A union of two people was to take place.

The inside was beautiful. Pews of people lined each side of an aisle colored white with flickering candles lighting the way. Each pew had a bouquet of red and green roses attached to the center of a bow. The church was packed pull of family, friends, and friends much like family. Everything was set perfectly.

The music began to play and the doors open. Lexie and Jessica walked down the aisle and took their designated places as a cross between bridesmaids and groomsmen. Brooke and Annika followed soon after.