12 - Unwanted Visitor

Jack POV

"W-what are you doing here?" I eventually got out.

"I missed you" She said, looking down. "My life just isn't the same without you in it."

"That isn't my fault, Signe. I'm with Mark now. Go away." I said, sternly.

"Please Jack, take me back. I'll do anything" She said, tears forming in her eyes.

I shook my head no, hoping she would leave. And with that, she sighed, put her head down, and turned away.

"Can't we at least be friends?" She whispered.

"I'm sorry Signe, I don't think that would work. You know that." I said unwillingly. Sure, I wanted to be her friend, but it's hard to stay just friends with someone you loved for years of your life.

She let out a shaky breath, running her hands through her hair.

"Okay" She breathed. "I'll let you go back to your boyfriend. Goodbye." She said, turning away.

"Woah, Wait. Signe, maybe we could try and be friends. I'm not saying we'll ever get back together as we were before, but I do miss having you around." I said without thinking. What was I even doing?

"Uh. erm, yeah. Sure Jack. " She said, and walked off.

I'm not even sure what's going on at this point.

I turned to go to bed when I saw a figure standing in the doorway.

"Hey, Jess. Couldn't sleep?" I asked.

"Haven't even tried. I just heard you two. Be warned Jackaboy, I've read fanfiction. Don't let it end like those stories did" She said.

She's read fanfiction? I had no idea. How does it turn out? I mean, I'd never cheat on Mark. Did our fans write about us cheating on each other? If they shipped us, why would they? Who knows. If it's entertaining, then they should go for it. It isn't like our life is actually a fanfiction, anyways.

"Whatever Jess. You should go to bed. I'll see you tomorrow." I said before heading up to my room.

"Don't say I didn't warn you" She said before heading to her room.

I wasn't going to cheat on Mark.

Jess POV

I swear, this really reminds me of a fanfiction. Signe just appears our of nowhere and takes Jack from Mark. But then magically it all gets resolved in the next chapter. Classic Wattpad story.

Mark POV

Jack walked into the room, wringing his hands in worry.

"What's wrong, babe?" I whispered into his hair as he climbed into bed.

"N-nothing. I've just been thinking" he said back.

I knew he was lying, but I didn't want to push anything. I knew it was sometimes easier to know nothing.

------

I woke up the next morning to an empty bed. In Jack's spot, there was only a piece of yellow paper, with messy handwriting scrawled across in a way full of hurry.

Mark,

I'll be back later. I have someone to meet.

Me,

I put it down and checked the time. 8:43. Where did he have to be so early? I'm sure he'll let me know once he comes back.

Jack POV

I walked into the small diner a few blocks away from where I lived and walked up to the figure sitting in a booth alone.

" Hey, Signe." I spoke, trying not to scare her. "How are you?"

"Fine I guess. How are you?" She said, peering down into her coffee.

"I'm okay." I said, half paying attention to the coffee selection, trying to decide what I wanted.

"Jack, we need to talk. I made a mistake and I fully accept you. I was just in shock when you told me. I need you. Please, take me back." She said, a few tears falling down her cheeks.

"Signe, I can't. I love Mark. I'm sorry. I wanted to make things work with you, I really did, but perhaps we aren't supposed to be together." I said standing up.

She began fiddling with her phone camera, focusing it in and out on different objects.

"This is going to sound pitiful, but I miss the way you used to kiss my cheeks, and well, would it be okay for one last time?" She said.

"I suppose so." I said and leant down to kiss her cheek.

Just as I was at her cheek, she turned her head around, pressing her lips to mine, and all I heard was one thing.

Click.

A phone camera. 

---------------------------------

okay, I know this is both late and short, but there's been so much stuff going on that I won't bore you with. I don't even know where this story is going anymore if I'm honest. But I think I'm going to start doing "SOTD' or song of the day. So today's SOTD is Comatose by Skillet! Simply because I'm currently listening to it and it may be dedicated to a certain individual. 

Okay, goodbye. 

-Lexie