Chapter 10 - Studio

Jack POV

I woke up in a daze with no-one beside me. It was cold. Lonely. I wasn't used to this feeling. Oh well. I sat up hoping to see Mark somewhere in the room. But, I didn't. I got out of bed and pulled on a pair of sweatpants and a random shirt, walking to the main area of the house. There's where I saw Mark.

He looked like he hadn't slept. There were shades of blues and purples under his tired eyes. His eyes were darker than normal, and had seemed to have lost their shine. His hair was unkempt and oily, due to either a sweat or stress. His posture was worse than normal. It looked like he was going to pass out.

He sat staring at a wall for 10 minutes as I stood there taking in the looks of him. Why hadn't he slept? Why did he not go to bed right now?

"you ever going to speak to me?" he said coldly. This wasn't going to end well.

"have you e-even slept?" I asked, voice shaking. I didn't like the voice he had used. It scared me.

"you tell me." He said, still looking at the wall. I sighed, looking down at my hands. I knew he hadn't, and I was suddenly thinking the forgiving moment from last night was just a dream.

"Mark, honestly, I did nothing wrong. Can I honestly not talk to my mates from back home?" I spoke softly.

"I just don't want you cheating on me. I'm just scared." He said, still looking at the wall. I sighed and left the room, allowing him to have his space.

Mark POV

I sat looking toward the wall for a good hour, allowing the thoughts to consume my head. Finally, I gave up and got a coffee, pouring one for Jack, and leaving the warmer on incase Lex or Jess wanted one anytime soon. I walked into the office, realizing it was nearly time to upload to see Jack editing and sat his cup on his desk, then swiftly walked over to mine. He didn't look up, appearing to be having some issues syncing the audio properly.

I opened my harddrive with prerecorded and edited videos, realizing I needed to record soon. I set one to process and went to edit a few of the videos I had to do yet and let my work consume me.

It was a few hours later when I took off my headphones, noticing Jack had left the room sometime in between. I walked out toward the living room and heard a faint noise coming from one of the rooms I didn't think we used. I lightly tapped on the door, and walked in to see Lexie and Jess hanging mirrors along the back wall, and Jack screwing a bar looking thing to the wall. The floor had been redone to be smooth and there was an entertainment center looking thing in the corner with a stereo and books on it. There was a small set of shelves off to the right of the stereo that had various pairs of shoes and leg warmers on it.

"Lex, come check out the barre. Is it in the right spot before I tighten everything?" Jack called as Lexie finished hanging the last mirror.

"Yeap! It's perfect." She said, smiling at Jack after she placed her fingertips on it and doing something weird with her feet. "Thanks, Jackaboy" she said, and walked back over to where Jess was, straightening some colorful mats stacked in the corner.

"Oh! Hi Mark!" She said after she stood back up. "Whatcha into?"

"Ahh... nothing. Just wondering what y'all are doing." I said, hesitantly.

"We're just finishing putting together this dance studio room, I've always wanted one and now need one to practice." Lexie said in response. It was really cool, if I had to be honest. Lexie left the room and jogged down the hallway, going into her room and emerging with a couple of boxes. I ran down the hallway and helped her with the one blocking her vision, knowing she liked to do stuff herself, I didn't take both.

"This is gonna sound so lame, but this is a lot of my art work from high school. I'm slightly proud of them for being some of my first pieces I did," She said and she opened the larger box first. She laid out several pieces and I was in awe. I mean sure, they weren't something Picasso did, but man were they good.

There were quite a few water colors and acrylic paintings. There were some charcoal drawings, but mainly they were graphite sketches. One of the charcoal things stuck out the most. It was a picture of a girl surrounded by creatures. ((TRIGGER WARNING, TALKS ABOUT A DRAWING OF DISORDERS SUCH AS ANOREXIA AND DEPRESSION)) One was bony with thin hair, another had a giant mouth who seemed to never stop eating. One of them had cuts along her arm and another was holding pills, crying. But in the middle sat the only girl with normal eyes. You, surrounded by all of your demons. ((OKAY LOVELY IT'S GOOD)) It really struck me.

We spent a while hanging up various pieces of art and putting various clay sculptures on shelves. It was around 7pm when we finished, and we ordered pizza for dinner.

We all sat around the television and snacked until our actual food arrived. Once we got what we wanted of the pizza and ate, we all talked about everything going on in our lives, Jack and I leaving out our fight.

We all settled down for the night at around 2 am. At this time I did something I never thought I'd be doing again. I lay spooning Jack with my finger intertwined with his, while placing small kisses on his shoulder. He craned his neck around, kissing my lips, before turning all the way over to fully be in control.

We kissed for a while, not letting things become too heated before we decided to go to sleep. I lay with the Irish man in my arms and whispered a soft 'I love you' before darkness consumed me.

************AUTHOR'S NOTE***************

Sorry this took so incredibly long to post, I've had some writer's block and on top of that have not been in the right mindset to write happiness. There's been a lot going on in my personal life to prohibit me from writing how I feel the story should be. I know that is a shit excuse, and I know it doesn't matter to a lot of people, but forgives me?

I'm going to try to update soon... but my head isn't fully there right now. No promises on when the next part will be up. Sorry .>. 

~Lex