Chapter 8; Alaric

Chapter 8

Alaric

There are many defining moments in your life your birth, your death and for a Lycan finding their mate, when I had found Celia I was over the moon, the day my soul was to be united with its other half, id finally found my missing piece. Yet it hadn't felt as powerful as it had when I saw Rebecca, it felt like my wolf finally awakened from its slumber, he finally found a light in our depressingly dark life, it was a feeling I cannot describe yet I still had my doubt, with Celia I jumped heart first though I hadn't truly gotten a chance to fall in love with her, it still broke me when she was murdered. I won't let history repeat itself I will protect her with my life, I may not be the hopeless love stuck fool I was with Celia, emotions are something I cant show but I will protect her from any evil that tries to take her.

''AJ?'' my uncle snaps me out of my wondering thoughts, how long have I daydreaming for?

''Yes uncle'' I say snapping out of my thoughts.

''This in insane''

''I know how is this even possible?'' a wolf has never gotten a second mate, yet they have choice mates but never another chosen mate, and then the prophecy and I the chosen ones mate?

''I've got no idea'' he tells me with a sigh, he looks too intrigued, ''Have you heard from Eric?'' I ask him trying to get the attention of my mate and onto the reason why were actually on Belmonte pack land.

''Yes he's found his mate, they accidentally bumped into each other at the mall and went out for coffee''

''Doesn't he hate coffee'' I asked confused, the smell usually gets to some Lycans who have sensitive smell.

''Yeah but his mate is obsessed with the stuff, now enough trying to change the subject''

''I'm doing no such thing'' I deny, a bluntly obvious lie.

''Of course you're not, so what are you going to do about your predicament?'' he asks seeing through said lie, he's always been protective over me even before my parents were killed, he's not even seven years older than me so we grew up together. He's more of an older brother than an uncle, always has been.

''I've got no clue'' I tell him sighing as I do so, this is a situation id never thought in a million years id ever end up in.

''Your sure she's your mate?'' he asks even though he knows you can't mistake meeting your mate, its instinct as soon as you meet their eyes you know you were destined.

''Yeah'' I confirm confidently

''How do you feel about that?'' he asks, I have no idea how I'm feeling right now, I guess I'm still in shock, a second fated mate has never been heard of and if it has happened it hasn't been documented before. I can't stop thinking about Celia ''I, I don't know, if this was meant to be, then I was always meant to lose Celia'' I tell him truthfully, I don't remember the last time I confided in someone like this, I'm already changing and I don't know if it's for the better.

''She'll always be your mate, but you've been given another chance''

''I hadn't even known Celia that long, I wasn't in love with her, I hadn't...'' I confess but it cut off by a shocked ''what?'' from my uncle.

''I've never told anyone that; I cared for her but I hadn't fallen in love with her'' I say after a moment of hesitation, that's been something I've been feeling guilty about ever since her death, the fact that i survived without her because I wasn't madly in love with her.

''Mates fall instantly'' he splutters out giving me a wide eyed look.

''We didn't, Celia felt the same way'' I answer not looking at him, he's probably not convinced about how I felt for Celia but I know and I know I never deserved her because I hadn't given her true love.

''So maybe Rebecca is your true mate''

''Yeah maybe'' i say with doubt coming into to my voice, doubt my uncle catches as he asks almost immediately ''you're accepting her right?''

''Of course; it's not my right to reject something the moon goddess has given me''

''That's very mature of you'' he chuckles humorously.

''I'm no longer a child uncle'' i say in monotone, maturity was something that was forced upon me when my family were brutally murdered right in front of me.

''No you're not, your parents would be so proud of you, you've grown into an amazing young man''

''Thank you uncle, but I'm not exactly picture perfect.'' I say with a sarcastic snort, huh picture perfect would be the last thing I'd be described as; more like lunatic Alpha with anger issues.

''No you're an Alpha, slightly rude and aggressive but an Alpha that's led his pack and kept them safe'' with his hands on my shoulder he tells me with sincerity in his eyes.

Another chapter wohoo, i have holidays from school so that's awesome I've gotten more writing time but sadly i have revision to do too cuz i have exams (insert sad face)

vote and comment,                                                                                                                                                                   xoxo Humz