Chapter 11; Becca

Chapter 11

''So'' I stutter out with nothing else to say.

''So.....'' His gaze is so intense that I momentarily forget what I'm about to say, my god Becca pull yourself together, your acting like a teenager with a crush, although technically that's exactly what you are, you don't want your mate to know that. ''20 questions?'' I ask trying to distract myself from his intense gaze that's absolutely not making me blush crimson.

''Sure'' he replies with a confused frown, my word why am I finding everything the man does attractive, I mean sure he's one of the most handsome men I've ever met, but why am I acting this way? My internal monologue is cut short by my wolf 'it's the mate bond Rebecca' ah my wolf always the one to get me back to reality.

''Okay umm colour of your wolf'' I ask having finally remembered that he'd agreed and id have to think of something to ask, something as uncliché as possible, I'm guessing this is my best option.

''Black'' he replies easily, still looking incredibly attractive.

''Completely?'' I ask surprised, I've never met anyone with one tone to their coat; it's almost unheard of, almost everyone gets tones from both parents well except me I guess...

''Well it's more really dark blue but yeah it's all the same colour''

''Oh cool''

''Well since I already know yours, um how old are you exactly?'' He asks looking momentarily bewildered 'Please tell me your legal'

''I'm 18'' I reply with a chuckle, I've always looked older than my age though, everyone says it's because of my eyes apparently they look too mature to belong to a teenager. They look like they've seen the world whatever that's supposed to mean. I'm not saying I've had it as easy as many teenagers but it's not like I've had the worst upbringing; my family and pack were never anything but loving.

''Your very young'' He comments looking a little stunned, he probably thought I was at least 21.

''Yeah, your 23?'' I think that's probably how old he is, he doesn't look much older than 20.

''24 actually'' he corrects me with a slight laugh.

''Oh, that's not so bad'' I say it's only like a six year difference, plus he doesn't really look that much older than me.

''Okay favourite colour?''

''I don't really have one I like all colours except pink, I really dislike pink'' I don't understand peoples fascination with the colour pink, I mean Mia practically wears some form of the colour every day, doesn't she get sick of it.

''Oh, you and my sister would get along great; she despises pink and anything overly girly with passion''

''Now her I have to meet, how old is she?'' I hope she's not some spoilt little brat, I want to get along with her, I hope his pack accept me I don't want to be hated by my own people.

''18'' oh we're the same age I guess that means well get along easier, hopefully anyway.

"Oh a senior?"

"No she graduated last year, she decided against going to college, she's one of our best warriors"

"Wow she sound awesome" definitely someone i way to meet, plus she's basically the last of James's family so I want us to get along, I know I've just met him but I'm going to spend the rest of my life with him and loving him isn't going to be hard not when your wolf half's are already in love.

"She is, but I have to warn you she's not very friendly at first"

"Don't worry I know what that's like" I say with a laugh, I'm usually not as open as I am right now, it's only because he's my mate that I'm trying to be open, heck people call me the 'ice queen' you can imagine how cold I must be.

"You don't seem like that" he asks looking at me strangely.

"I am well most of the time, some humans at the high school I go to call me ice queen." I say with a snort, I probably shouldn't have told him that. He's a grown man and I'm telling him about my high school problems.

"Oh" he says trying to hold back a snigger.

"Okay; stop that" I tell him trying not to laugh myself because him trying to hold hid laughter is absolutely hilarious to watch.

"What?"  He asks still trying to hide the fact that he wants to laugh.

"You found that amusing" I accuse him.

"No"

"Don't deny it"

"Okay it's a tad bit funny" he says the laugh he's been trying to hold in finally coming out.

"Yeah ok next question"

"Friends?"

"Oh to be honest I'm kind of a loner I'm not to close to the pack but I've got a few human friends, I guess I'm closest to Mia, she's a girl I've gone to school with ever since I was in elementary."

"Oh you're close to her"

"Yeah she's family"

"Does she know of our kind?"

"No, I can't break Lycan law, but I wish I could tell her"

"Hmm"

"What about you?"

"After I was given the alpha position I hadn't exactly been too friendly, my beta Nicholas is the closest I've been to someone who wasn't family in a while"

"Oh, I" I stutter out not knowing what to say, but I do understand what he's saying it's what I was like for the longest time, I felt like without my parents I didn't belong anywhere.

"You don't need to say anything" he says giving me a knowing look.

"I know what it's like to just want to shut everyone out to not feel anything, you're not alone."

"Hmm" he's silent for a moment like he's thinking about something, he suddenly snaps out of it and asks "You done"

"Yeah we should get back it's getting late"

I have no excuse I'm sorry

Its just life you know

Vote & Comment xoxo Humzz