Chapter 10; Alaric

Chapter 10

Alaric

After a few moments of oddly comfortable silence I ask Rebecca ''Are you hungry'' because I'm honestly starving at this point, I haven't eaten since breakfast and all of today's excitement has left me starving and shattered.

''I guess'' she replies not really giving me an answer but I'll take what I can get, ''Good I haven't eaten since I set of this morning'' I say hoping she'd join me because I'm not ready to part from her yet, it's so strange; my connection with Rebecca is all together rather strange.

''I know just the place, they do amazing burgers'' she tells me with a small smile

''Lead the way'' I say with small smile, she likes burgers I'm glad she's not one of those health freak salad type of girls, don't get me wrong a salad is always good but once in a while you need to pig out.

''I'm driving'' she says suddenly stopping next to what I presume is her car, nearly causing me bump into her back, but I steady myself before stumbling like a fool into her and shrug and tell her ''Um okay''

''Good you're not arguing with me'' she says with a grin as she jumps into her car motioning for me to do the same, as i get into the passenger seat ''Why would I?'' I ask her confused, its make sense for her to drive as this is her town and she suggested the burger place, that I don't actually know the way to.

''I dno, male wolves always wanting to drive'' she says glancing at me sideways, probably to see if she's offended the big bad alpha.

''I think it has to do with their manliness'' I say, its merely an observation but younger pups tend to try and act more macho then they strictly need to, it's all part of growing up thou I probably was the same when I was a teen.

''You're talking as if you're not a male wolf'' she says with a laugh

Oh I am very manly; I can assure you of that' I say with a wink, chuckling at the scowl sent my way by my unhappy mate followed by a whined ''Seriously!''

Sorry'' i say sobering up quite quickly ''what I meant was they probably feel their manliness is being threatened, whereas older male wolves don't really care because they....' I struggle to completely explain where exactly I'm coming from, fortunately I'm saved from sounding like a fool when my mate finishes my explanation

''Are more mature about their manliness'' she says with a triumphant smile

''Yes that's it'' I say chuckling at her explanation.

''That makes sense....... this is the most bizarre conversation I've ever had'' she says almost as an afterthought, though did her lips move when saying the last bet? ''I agree'' I say watching as she looks at me confused before asking ''did I say that out loud?''

No you mind linked it to me'' at least I'm pretty sure she did which is wired because we haven't marked one another and were not from the same pack so it wasn't the pack link.

''How?'' she asks with an adorably cute expression.

''I've got clue you did it''

''Not on purpose'' she says pouting slightly, only to stop immediately, probably after realising she was pouting, ''Hmm'' I hum in thought, I wonder if it's because of the prophecy that our connection is this strong, normally the mental link comes after the couple has mated and for some it takes longer for the mental link to get connected, but ours has already seemed to connect and we've only known each other for a few hours.

''Were here'' she says suddenly pulling me from my musings.

''Good, I'm starving'' I say as my stomach grumbles in agreement, I could do with a good burger.

I know i havn't uploaded since December i honestly didn't mean to delay it this long, and i know it short but this is only half i guess the other half of their dare i say it 'date' will be in the next chapter

i hope you enjoy

Please vote and comment 

xoxo HuMz