Chapter 12. Becca

Chapter 12

I was around 7 years old when I realised that I was different; not just from my human friends, but different from everyone; my pack, my family, I was different this I knew but not how or why just that I was not like everybody else. It felt like I had someone who guided me someone who was always there for me; I knew a wolf was already inside of me waiting to be unleashed, I also knew she didn't want me to tell anyone so I didn't and for the next five years she was my secret companion waiting to be freed, to be able to fully join me. Lying back I can only think back to events that now make so much more sense, my wolf she knew, yet she didn't let me know, it's a strange sensation hiding something from your other half seems impossible but I knew she was hiding something, I felt it, I've been told our connection is something remarkable.

Now; 18 years old I've gotten a glimpse of what my wolf has always seen; our future, our destiny, I find it strange how one simple coincidental meeting could have such an impact on someone's life. Yesterday I was simply Rebecca Shepard and today I am Rebecca Kailas Dukas; the chosen one.

By morning I've convinced myself that I've not gone insane and that if I truly am destined to be the chosen one; I cannot fight my fate. It is the duty of the chosen to reunite the Lycan world, to bring every wolf together, to stop the wars, to stop the violence, to stop killing innocents. I do not have the slightest inkling of how I am going to fulfil this destiny, if people were to ever find out that the chosen one has been found and she's nothing but a teenage girl, there's no doubt in my mind that they would lose hope of peace ever being created for our people. Most Lycans know a life of luxury but we,re always on alert; with the way our species live alliances are known to be formed or broken without much warning, your friend might well just be your enemy tomorrow, that is the life of a lycan.

I know today is a day like no other, I may have found the other half of my soul yesterday but I still have school, it would look abnormally suspicious to Mia and the cousins if I were to skip, seeing as I have a perfect attendance. By 6am I'm dressed and ready to head out, most members of the pack are yet to wake up meaning I won't have to bother with niceties this morning, something I am thankful for, I make it out of the house with any interruptions.

I just about shut the door to the pack house when I bump into Alaric, who seems to be just heading in from a morning run by the look of his damp skin.

'Rebecca' he says a taking a step back.

'James, hi' i reply shocked at seeing him so early.

'What are you doing up so early?' he asks taking in my appearance.

'Uh couldn't sleep, I'm kind of an insomniac, what about you?' i reply truthfully without a second thought, I don't think I've ever mentioned not being able to sleep well to anyone before.

'Yeah me too, most ill get is three hours of sleep, that's usually a luxury.' He says with a forced chuckle.

'Yeah.'

'So where are you heading?' He asks with a sheepish smile while scratching the back of his neck, I'm reminded yet again of the pull between mates as I stare into his gorgeous eyes, not being able to tear my eyes from his i reply slightly flustered 'I'm going to get a coffee then head to school I've got a few things to do.'

'Oh okay, uh would you mind if I took you, id pick you up as well' he says with slightly hopefull eyes that i just know i will never be able to say no to.

'Okay' I reply with a smile

'Okay, where do you usually get your coffee from?' he asks

Costa' i reply, i enjoy the atmosphere in the local Costa, plus it's pretty empty this early so it's relaxing.