4: Reflection

Pain

That word screamed at me as I woke up. My entire body thudded. My head ached, throat burnt, legs throbbed, it even hurt to breathe. I moved my body so I was now in a sitting position. I exhaled a groan. How badly did that wolf bash me? God, it couldn't have been that bad could it? I was tired. I needed to rest, but more importantly, I needed to find water. That was my main goal. I crawled out of the cave and began to walk again. I know there is a creek around Grandmas house, but I have no idea what way that is. I think its north. What way is north? I looked around. Everything looked the same. I sighed and began walking. If I keep walking forward no matter what, that will stop me walking in circles. I don't know how long I walked for, but it felt like an eternity. My legs felt like they were at the point of buckling and refusing to move. It was three days you could go without water. It had been two days. Plus I had been assaulted and have been on the move. Did that knock it down to two days? Was I going to die today? I gingery touched my neck where the wolf had bit me. That bastard. I would be at grandmas now if it wasn't for him. I moved my fingers away and looked at them. I had stopped bleeding. That was good. I walked more. The further i walked the more energy was drained from me. Eventually I collapsed into the mud. I can't go on any farther. Wait a second. Mud! I froze for a second. The familiar sound of a flowing creek. With a sudden surge of hope, I commando crawled forward. I pushed my way through the overgrown vegetation, to be greeted by a sight that could have been heaven. There was a crystal clear flowing creek. I scrambled over to it grabbing a handful of water, I lifted it to my lips. Water had never tasted so good in my life. I drunk and drunk and drunk until I felt sick. I splashed my face with the water. The freshness felt good. I sighed looking down at my reflection in the water. I screamed jumping away from the creek stumbling backwards. What the hell is in the water? When nothing jumped out at me I cautiously crept back towards the creek. I looked back into the water. I reached my hand up and touched my face. Oh god. No. This can't be me. What the fuck did that wolf do to me!

••••••••••

Hope you enjoyed the chapter :) Please don't forget to vote if you think the story deserves it