Lunch

Laying down for bed I felt like I have been up for days, I was so exhausted. I fall asleep right away and then in the middle of the night I woke up I thought for sure I heard something down stairs. When I went to look I didn't see anything. Walking back up stairs and going back to bed. The next morning, I get up take a shower and walk downstairs to put on some coffee. I was meeting Her for lunch today and for some reason very nervous. I wonder if she is also? I then walk out back and light up a cigarettes and sat down for a minute. Enjoying the peacefulness and quite. I didn't hear anyone get up, but I smell something good. I walk back inside and it's Jane making eggs, bacon and toast. I sit at the table where Jane puts everything on the table. It was so great, I was very hungry, yet couldn't eat much because I was thinking about going to lunch. I finish my breakfast and clean up since Jane was nice enough to cook. Then after I loaded the dishwasher Jane ask "Was someone here last night?" I looked over and said "No, I thought I heard something also I walk downstairs to check, but didn't see anything." Then Jane said " I thought I heard something and someone sneeze." I know that wasn't me. I was only downstairs for about two minutes. I make some coffee and walk back for a minute. After I finish I go inside and Cathy was sitting in the living room and James walked in. Not sure why I was surprised to see him, but I was. We all four sit there and talk for a few hours, then I noticed the time it was 11:40am. I get up get my shoes on and grab my purse, I had to meet this lady at noon.

                          I get to the cafe and there she sat in the same spot as last time. I could see her from  my car. This time Jane, Cathy and James started at the house. I walk inside, trying to trip over my own two feet, making my way over to the table and sitting down. She was just looking at me, then she held out her hand and said "It has come to my attention I never never told you my name it's Melody and you are Lisa right?" Shaking her hand and saying "Yes". I finally got a name, I was wondering what it could be. I am sitting there and noticed this lady looking at me, it made me feel weird. I tried to shake it off, then about ten minutes later I caught her looking at me again. What is with this lady. Melody was saying something, but I didn't caught it, she has been talking about her kid and his new dog anyways. I really wanted to talk about Silas. I get right to the point and say "I'm not being rude, but I wanted to ask you how long have you been seeing Silas and what all did he say to you?" She looks down at her coffee clears her throat and said " Well, I met him about a few years maybe 5 or 6 really. I thought he was very cute and he looked at me and told me I had a pretty smile. We were at a company party I was with a friend who worked with Silas Ava Ling and was talking business so I walked off there were about 300 people and I noticed him the most. He and I started talking and we walked outside because it was loud and Lisa, I ask him if he was married he said Yes, but no. That he still lived with his wife, but they were getting a divorce and that he was there for the kids, but had his own room." I don't know what to say at this point. Then she said "It was about five months after that we went out then a year later he invited me over to his apartment.  I just thought maybe the divorce was done, I really had no idea he was married, you have to believe me. If I had known I would haven't even talk to him. He wasn't wearing a wedding ring either." WHAT!!! WAIT!! Apartment. "Lisa, he would got a few months and I wouldn't talk nor see him and then out of nowhere he would pop back up for a few months. It's been like that ever since I got to know him." I ask "Didn't you think that was odd? Didn't you ever want to meet his kids?'' She said "While, yes after a while I did ask to meet the kids, but he said his ex-wife was a bitch and that he was going through a lot of stuff with her and until that cleared he didn't want to put the kids through anymore than they have already been through." I can't believe what I am hearing, then I go back to the apartment thing. "Where is this apartment anyways." She looked at me and said "It's right off of Main st and Elm st" I know right where she is talking about it's the only apartment complex within three miles. Then I start thinking about the key I found, it looked like a house key. I need to find out the apartment number though and if it's still there. I ask her if she knew the address and she said "Yes, it's 4548 Elm St. No apartment number, it has it's own private entry." I talk to her for about five more minutes then say "I am sorry, but I must go, thank you for telling me." I grab my things and walk out, letting the fresh air hit my face and closing my eyes for two seconds. I get in my car and head back home.