Chapter 6 - Preparation

____________________________________________________________________________

AUTHOR'S NOTE:

Unedited Chapter!

Hope everyone enjoys!

-Haylee

_________________________________________________________________________________

"You did what?!" Alia and Finley said in sync.

"Sorry! I wasn't thinking.." I said, trying to make excuses.

I glanced around the room in search of finding Clark. My eyes finally found him sitting in the burgandy chair in the corner, laughing his ass off. I gave him a dirty look, trying to mock what look Sabrina had given me the first day I met her.

He just kept laughing and got up and walked away.

"Well, Katniss Everdeen did get an almost perfect score when she did that, so I guess we'll have to wait and see until tonight. " Finley said, understandingly. "Until than, go get dressed and showered for supper."

I nodded and walked off too my room.

                                                                            ------------

"It's on!" shouted Finley from the living room. We just had had dinner and Clark and I were washing up in the bathroom.

"It's time." Clark said, in a deep toned voice that I've never heard come out of his mouth.

I smiled and pushed him playfully out of the way of the door to the living room.

Besides my own score, I was most excited to see Sabrina's score, to determine if she really was a threat to me.

All of the districts had passed by, with again, no one standing out. Scores averaging from 8 to the highest of 10.

The highest score you could get was 15 so everyone was still pretty far away from perfection.

Finally, Sabrina's face flashed onto the screen.

"Sabrina Jones. District 10. Score: 12." Impressive.. I thought in my mind.

Next, after Districts, 10 and 11, came Clark's score.

I was expecting a near perfect score, for his skill with a spear and agility.

"Clark Skins. District 12. Score: 10."

Surprise washed over Clark's face as we all stared at him in surprise. But, quickly looked away.

"June Brinley. District 12. Score: 14."

As soon as my score was said, I knew, The Games, have just began.