Gaining confidence and proving yourself

Camila walked into Miami high with her game day jersey on, and pumped up for the day ahead of her.

She had been working with this team for two solid months, and they had made her proud by their hard work and determination to turn everyones assumptions of their school around. As she made her way through the hallway, she could feel the tension in the air, and knew exactly what caused it.

While the new team was nervous and excited to show the school they could be a winning team. Camila also saw many glares from the old members of the team who hadn't made the cut, and knew they were trash talking her and her new team mates. She heard their whispers as she passed, mocking the team and expressing how satisfying it will be to watch them lose because they weren't there to save them.

Camila allowed their hate to roll off her, and sent them a confident smile, only enraging them more.

When she reached her locker, in her new black and red jersey, she heard many gasps making her turn her head curiously.

She watched as students parted, and four extremely beautiful cheerleaders emerged in their new uniforms that fit their form to perfection.

Their skirts were short, but not inappropriately so. They had just the right amount of seduction in every swish. Their tops were cut in almost a v shape, letting their forms fill out the top of the vest, and the bottom was short enough that skin was visible.

Though Camila was one to not gawk, she breathed in shakily as she thought that every muffin sold, and car scrubbed, was completely worth it.

Camila watched as Lauren led the three other girls, ignoring all the cat calls and obvious whistling thrown her way. Those green eyes stared into her with a type of fire, Camila couldn't recognize, but enjoyed all the same.

Normani, Dinah, and Ally separated from the Cuban with a smirk, going to their own lockers, as Lauren kept walking towards her.

Camila gulped nervously, cursing herself for the effect Lauren had on  her. She reminded herself that Lauren was in fact off limits, and forced herself to remember that so the growing friendship they were building wasn't destroyed before it had time to florish.

Lauren stopped next to Camila, and leaned against the locker next to her, giving Camila a slow seductive smile.

"Are you ready for tonight?" asked Lauren huskily, eyes lighting up amused as she took in Camila's flustered state.

"Uh.. Yeah. I mean, the game is going to be a hard one, since the team we're playing has a good record, but their not expecting this team, so it should be interesting." Camila rambled nervously.

Lauren giggled, making Camila stop and blush in embarrassment.

"I meant the sleep over after the game. Dinah and Normani are choosing the entertainment, so it should be interesting." Lauren replied smiling.

Camila's blush deepened and she nodded frantically.

"Yeah! Can't wait. Plus Bea's never been to a sleep over, so she's pretty excited." Camila announced, her blushing cheeks calming at the thought of the small girl.

Lauren's eyes widened in surprise as she said,"Really? We'll just have to break out the old school games to make up for the lost time. Everyone loves a good truth or dare."

Camila smiled in remembrance, and added,"Spin the bottle?"

"Seven minutes in heaven." Lauren added, smirking at the dazed look in Camila's eyes.

"I don't know any other lesbians though, and I don't want you guys to be uncomfortable with having to participate. I mean, I may be a lesbian, but I don't see Bea that way. She's kinda like a younger sister to me that happens to be my age. I don't want to cross that line with her." Camila huffed in disgust at kissing a girl she thought of as a sister.