Chapter 25

-Calum POV-

"She's still not here." I groan collapsing onto the couch.

"Yeah, she loves to be fashionably late." Bri laughs sitting next to me. "But hey, we can still have fun until she gets here."

"What could we possibly do that's fun?" I lean onto my hand.

"I dunno, maybe watch some TV or dance to some tunes." She nudges me with an awkward wink.

"I prefer the term music, but whatever floats your boat." I chuckle.

"Wanna watch TV then?" She laughs.

"Yep." I nod. She turns on the TV using the remote in front of us. She kicks her feet up on the coffee table and starts clicking through the channels.

"Loosen up, she won't care." She playfully nudges my arm.

"I'm fine." I shake my head. Anna might not like me anymore but I at least want her to respect me.

"Whatever." She shrugged. She continued to flip through the channels. "There's nothing on. Wanna play FIFA?" She asks looking over me.

"I sure do." I smile. She gets up and turns on the Xbox next to the TV set. She passes me a controller then gets one for herself before sitting back down. The game starts seconds later.

"Are you ready?" She smirks choosing her team. She picks Brazil.

"Ready to win? I thought you'd never ask." I laugh choosing mine. I always go with Germany, they've never let me down.

"You thought right." She smiles as the match starts. She wins the first round easily.

"I wasn't ready." I laugh.

"If I had a dollar for every time I've heard that, I'd be richer than Bill Gates."

"I call a rematch!" I proclaim.

"I thought you would." She laughs sitting back further on the couch. "You pick first."

I choose Germany again hoping it would bring me luck this time. She chooses Italy with a smirk.

"I didn't know you had FIFA over here." I say as the game starts.

"Well I don't know if they sell it here but Michael left it here. And he isn't getting it back." She chuckles.

***

"That is not fair! You blocked my goal!" I shout standing up, my eyes still focused on the screen.

"Yeah, that's kinda the point of the game." Bri laughs. I successfully make a goal and I cheer. The rest of the night is blown away with goals from both of us. Most of them made by me.

"I won! Ha!" I cheer.

"Sit down." She looks up at me with an unamused expression.

"Enjoy being eye level with a winner." I sit down and smirk the sentence at her.

"You seem quite proud of winning a game you're fairly experienced at."

"Well when you say it like that, it doesn't seem like much of an achievement." I giggle.

"It really isn't." She puts her controller on the coffee table and gets up to stretch.

"How about another round?"

"How about no." She yawns. "It's sleep time." A smile spreads across her face.

"Tomorrow morning then?" She seems like a pretty fair competitor, I wouldn't mind playing more games with her.

"Maybe." She sits back down and kicks he feet up on the couch, her heels landing on my lap. I look at her as she starts to get comfortable, crossing her arms across her chest.

I rub my eyes and start to move into a comfortable position. My body shifts a little and I lay my head on the back of the couch, turning it toward the kitchen. I accidentally throw one of my arms over her legs but I don't remove it.

We both fall asleep within seconds.

-Michael POV-

"Done with your pizza?" She asks.

"Yeah." I nod. We had both eaten at least seven pieces each, but I would like more. She picks up our plates, carrying them to the kitchen before putting them in the dishwasher.

"Are you tired?" She asks as she returns.

"A little, you?"

"A lot." She laughs, a tired voice already overtaking her normal one.

"You can go to sleep. I won't be up for much longer." I shrug.

"I don't want you to feel lonely because you have no one to talk to." She says laying down on the pillows behind her.

"I'll be fine." I tell her. She looks down at me and nods, her eyes fluttering close. Within minutes I could hear her snores. She's right, I do feel lonely because I have no one to talk to. The only option left was to go to sleep, so I lay back on some pillows and start to drift off to sleep myself.

Not taking long for the darkness to cover me and for my mind to explode with a burst of color.

*****
-hello there
-IT IS THE NIGHT OF CHRISTMAS EVE.
-11:25PM to be exact.
-so since I probably won't be posting tomorrow, I just want to wish you all a Merry Christmas.
-34 minutes ahead of time.
-I just did that in my head.
-it's probably wrong.
-ANYWAY
-I hope you all have a great holiday
-I also hoped you liked the chapter.
-byee
*****
-Nicole