Chapter 28

"So I was just enjoying my time at that party and then I see Marianna. So then I'm like 'if she's here then Calum must be here with her'. So then I look for him and I see him kissing another girl so I'm like, this is my chance." I explain to Ashton.

"I'm glad you took that chance, you two belong together." He smiles.

"Mate, I held her in my arms. She was warm, it felt nice." I laugh. "I was like really drunk so I tried to do some things I wouldn't normally do. Do I regret them? Absolutely. Would I do them again while sober? I don't know."

"I really thought you were gonna get some, man." He sighs.

"I thought I was too, but she got away." I look down as we walk.

"Were you just trying to have a one nighter with her?"

"I was trying to get her to like me, but me being drunk messed it all up."

"D-Do you like her?" He laughs.

"A lot. But she wouldn't fall for me anyway, she has Calum."

"One day, Calum won't be there and she'll need somebody to hold her. You need to be that somebody." He tells me.

"I beat Calum's ass at that party. Neither of them probably won't come anywhere near me." I sigh.

"Let them know that you're sorry, that you didn't mean anything you ever did to them." He suggests.

"I did that with Marianna. She didn't accept my apology. She didn't think I meant it."

"Prove that you did. Prove that you are sorry."

"What do I do?"

"Something." He shrugs.

"Helpful." I glare at him.

"I didn't come with you to help. I came to get away because Michael kicked me out."

"You should move in with me, Calum won't be living there anymore." I smile. Yes it was sad that I won't be living with my best friend anymore but who needs him when I have my partner in crime.

"I don't know, I become a different person when I hang out with you." He purses his lips.

"You become yourself." I chuckle.

"That, back there, that wasn't me." He points behind us.

"There's no way that that wasn't you. I just helped you bring out your reckless and viscous side. My favorite side." I grin deviously. "You were there physically and emotionally."

"I wasn't there mentally. I drifted off somewhere else and a different person took over. I kinda feel bad."

"Don't. You impressed me, that's nothing to regret."

-2 Days Later-Calum POV-

"Calum, we need to talk." My mum says to me as I carry a basket of laundry down to the basement.

"Alright, mum. Just a second." I tell her. As I set down the basket, my phone buzzes in my pocket. I pull it out to see its a text.

M: I'm so booooored

I laugh before responding.

C: I'll drop by later if you want
M: please. I'm home alone *smirk emoji*
C: I love that you love teasing me.
M: how'd you know?
C: your parents came back yesterday
M: dammit
C: lol
C: I gtg, mum's calling me
M: text me later?
C: as always

I put my phone back in my pocket and jog up the stairs with a smile.

"What's up, mum?" I ask walking into the lounge with her. I sit down on the couch next to her and she touches my still healing nose. I wince and she pulls her hand away.

"Calum, your father and I think you should move in with Mali until you can get your own house." She blurts out.

"B-But why? Mali's all the way in New York. Why can't I stay here?" I sit up.

"I know you're upset, but this isn't a good environment for you. Look at your face, it's every color of the rainbow." She points out. I feel a little insulted.

"That was just one party, that's never gonna happen again."

"It doesn't matter that it happened at the party. The person that did this is still here."

"I know who did it, he used to be my friend." I slouch my shoulders.

"You have to get out of here before he does it again." She rubs my back.

"Mum, I can't. I just got my girlfriend back. I just got so many things back on track." I tell her.

"It's only one year until you're 18. You can survive long distance until then." She chuckles. I like living here in San Francisco with all of my friends and girlfriend, but now I have to move all the way across the country so that I won't be around Luke.

"Are you sure you want me to go?"

"It's only for your safety, Calum. Besides you'll have fun over at Mali's." She smiles.

"I'll be out by tomorrow." I head upstairs and pull my suitcase from under my bed. I start throwing in clothes, not even folding them. I stop when I feel a vibration in my pocket.

M: are you still coming over?
C: yeah, but I have some news

*****
-hey there
-has anyone heard One Directions new song, Love You Goodbye?
-it doesn't seem that popular yet
-I like it
-but maybe it isn't new and maybe I'm just dumb because I don't check social media.
-but whateves
-anyway, looks like Calum's moving to New York to live with Mali.
-thoughts on that?
-okay
-so I'm gonna go. But stay tuned in the next few chapters.
-just one more announcement.
-THIS BOOK HAS 1.04K VIEWS WHAT THE HECK
-I remember in the early chapters when I was happy to have 11 views. Now look at it.
-you guys are the best.
-I'll talk to in the next chapter.
-byee
*****
-Nicole