one

Demi's pov

I can't remember how I got here. I'm divorced and I live in a big and beautiful house with a nine year old daughter who can't stand to even look at me.

I had promised myself when I was her age that I would never ignore my children but look at where I am now. My mom was always at work trying to provide for our family and my father was just absent throughout my whole childhood. Until I was about nine it was just me and my older sister Dallas fending for ourselves. That was around the time that mom my stepdad, Eddie, settled in together. He technically is my stepdad but I consider him my dad. That's when thing started to get better, mom got spent more time with us, my half sister Maddie was born and because dad had a steady job with good pay we got to spend more time together.

I know if mom could have she would have spent more time with us when we were younger. My greatest memories from my childhood was spending my day doing whatever with my whole family. I promised myself that I'd give as much time as I could to my kids, but here I am working my butt off when I have enough money for even my great grand kids to be wealthy. I couldn't suddenly quit the dream job I worked so hard to get after I had Maya. I was just starting to make a comeback after a three month long hiatus and an even longer break just to pull myself together after Maya was born. I also promised myself a lot of other things like finding someone that treats me right and someone who is a good father, but I guess promises can't always be kept.

Now I can't see the point of quitting work when my only daughter already hates me. When we're home together she spends all of our time face timing Wilmer, her dad. I can't even get two seconds with her, even when I've taken time out of my schedule to try. I've lost the point in even making an effort, throwing myself into work is the only distraction I can get from my always have been sucky life.

Now I want all that to change, we are going to have a better relationship. I'm beginning to realize life is short. I don't want to build regrets. I want to make sure I have none. I'm going on break to rebuild the falling relationship I have with my daughter. I don't want her growing up like I did. I want to be present in her life. I don't want to miss out on anything from now on. She needs both her parents in her life whether she wants that or not.

Maya's pov

My mom is famous. She's famous. She has people. People for me. I learned to say nanny before mommy. I can't wrap my head around it. Why have a kid when you're not going to be there for her? Her social media accounts shows that we're the perfect mother daughter duo but she'll just throw me into someone else's hands after a couple of selfies for her Instagram. It's not like I don't have another parent I can live with.

Duh my dad. I don't understand why I can't just live with him. His work schedule isn't that hectic and he actually loves me but Demi, aka mom, won't let stay at his house. I don't see the point in staying at her empty house while face timing dad when instead I can actually just be at his house. Whatever I'll give her points for trying lately. She says she's taking a break from work and I can see she is trying hard, so I guess I won't be extra bratty.

I have no idea why she has this hate for him. I mean he is an ex. But they were once married. It wasn't like it was an arranged marriage either, they chose to do it out of love. But now for some reason Demi can't stand his guts.

It's almost like the feelings aren't over. Hate is a feeling and it was left lingering. They didn't just fall out of love, something happened, I know it. It makes no sense how someone can fully trust another person at one point in their life with her life and then go on to hating them. It's not fair to me.

...

Feedback would be nice!

Thanks for reading :)