twenty six

Maya's pov

As expensive as this house probably is, they didn't do a very good job insulating the walls. You can hear a penny drop in the living room all the way up in my room.

I have a feeling dad's here. Or maybe mom's just having a conversation with herself pretending to be my dad. That would be pretty strange so I'm really hoping it's dad.

All weird thoughts aside I never knew mom worried that much about me. I mean I think I'm okay. Like there's nothing seriously wrong with me. She is just stressing to much.

It's kind of strange that I know so little about her. Not that she was around that much anyways but shouldn't a kid know a little something about their mother.

It's really hard to stay mad at my mother because even if she screws up she really had her best intentions most of the time.

I don't want her to think she's screwing me up. Because she's not. Not to sound too arrogant but I do pretty well in school, I kick butt in gymnastics and I try to keep my head straight. Except for right now, I've been staying up all night these past few days and it's been taking a toll on me. So I lay back down to fall asleep.

Demi's pov

"I was face-timing Maya before she went to sleep" Wilmer speaks.

"Oh" I say.

"Yeah, she said you weren't feeling good and you didn't have dinner. But you don't look sick." He says looking straight through my lie.

"I mean I said I didn't feel good and I don't. I don't feel sick but like you know."

"No I don't know Dems."

"I just. I can't go to the gym or anything and I don't know I guess-"

"That's no excuse and you know it." He says.

"Yeah but I was tired too, you left and I just wasn't feeling it." That was the truth. I'll just eat in the morning.

"You know you're beautiful right?" Wilmer asks.

I nod so I don't get a long speech about 'it's what's on the inside that matters' or whatever.

"Okay, let's go to sleep and we'll all have breakfast in the morning." Wilmer says.

I just nod again. Wilmer gets comfy under the bed and I try to do the same but I just can't fall asleep. I stare up at the ceiling but sleep just doesn't take over me.

Truth is I guess I'm just afraid to go to sleep. Ever time I had fallen asleep in the last few days I awake from a nightmare.

I let out a huff that maybe wakes Wilmer up. He puts his arms around my waist and pulls me closer to him. I know that should make me feel secure but it doesn't.

I slowly try to pull away without him noticing. He gives me a look of hurt but let's go. Right now the last thing I care about is his feelings. I just want to get some sleep to forget about everything but everything keeps repeating in my dream.

...

Short chapter, sorry guys but an update was long over due
School is keeping me so busy
More updates from in the summer hopefully

It would be so amazing if u guys could check out my other story 'Escape' and a short drabble I wrote called 'Aftermath'! It would mean so much to me and make me so happy :D

Thanks for reading