twenty

My body goes numb.

"Okay" I reply.

"I'll put you on hold for just a second" he doesn't give me a chance to say anything and before I know it annoying telephone music starts blaring.

Wtf. Shouldn't they have been more prepared before calling. Wilmer throws a confused expression.

"Officers calling about yesterday." I reply. Again with no emotion behind my voice.

"Do you want us to leave?" He asks.

I shrug. They don't even know what happened and I'm not explaining it all over again. I honestly don't care what they hear.

My phones still up to my ear and the music is still playing. I have half a mind to throw my phone across the room.

"Hey Demi, this is officer Pat." I hear.

"Oh hi." I say.

I like her she was very nice to me.

"I apologize for Chris. His daughter had a thing or something and he had to run." She says.

Oh. I didn't know he had a kid. Well it's not like I know anything about him.

"I'm calling about last nights- events. Is this a good time?"

I debating whether to say no and dread the day until she calls again or just talk now.

"Yeah. Now's fine." I reply.

"Okay, well I guess I can start this conversation off by saying Jack and Alex are in jail."

I feel relieved in a way. But also nervous. What happens when they're out?

"Okay.." I reply back.

"They've both been wanted for rape and the house they were staying at was another family's second home. Anyways you can press charges if you'd like and let it go through court. But since they're already serving a lifetime sentence it's really your decision." She says.

"Okay. Can you please give me some time to think about it?" I ask.

"For sure. Is this your cellphone?" She asks.

"Yeah." I reply.

"I'll text you my cell and office number so you can contact me. Of course you can just call the station and talk to any of the officers if you'd like." She says.

"That would be good. Thank you." I am so glad the officers I'm working with are nice. Well at least as far as I can tell. It would have been hell if I would have had to deal with mean and uncooperative cops.

I guess there are really things you can be grateful about even in bad situations. You just have to search.

"Can I call back later?" I ask.

"Yes. Have a nice day! I wish you the best." She tells me.

"Thanks bye."

We both hang up and I check my phone and see a message with two phone numbers. She's fast.

Wilmer opens his mouth to speak but I hold my hand up to say I'm not in the mood. Whatever I say now is just going to come out rude.

I don't want to risk saying something I regret.

...

Thanks for reading guys! In sorry I haven't updated in a while I don't really have many ideas right now so it would be awesome if you guys could comment something:). I'm so busy with school and I apologize for the short and sucky chapter. As always thank you all for reading! I really appreciate it!!!