seven

Demi's pov

These last few days have been emotionally exhausting. I feel like I'm on a never ending roller coaster of freaking emotion.

I just stormed up to my room and I don't know why. I probably left Maya confused. Marissa probably hates me. I don't know why I've been feeling like this and it's so frustrating. I'm laying in bed just wondering what life is supposed to be all about. I've been in bed a lot lately and so far it hasn't gotten me anywhere. Maybe it's because I haven't been doing it long enough. That's it, I'll just lay in bed longer and see what'll come out of it.

Maybe I should check up on Maya just to see how she's doing.

I get up and walk into her room. She's laying back down head up just thinking. I step into her room and just the door and she looks at me.

"Hey, babygirl I'm sorry I got mad earlier, I don't know what that was." I say honestly.

"Mom, no offence, and believe me I'm not trying to offend you in any way, but have you taken your medication?" She asks.

Wtf. First eating. Now this. Does she think she's the parent because I pay the bills, I make sure the house work gets done and she thinks she has the audacity to even say something like that.

I'm about to say something. But I can see she's being really serious. I think back. I guess I haven't been taking my meds. Maybe that why my emotions have been wanting to take me around the world in a canoe with a leak. She solved the problem and I was about to yell at her. Oh, typical me finding a problem in a solution.

"No." I say and I look down. I'm suppose to be the parent here. "But I'll get on that." I guess I can't actually function normally without them.

Being off work and not having someone reminding me to take them is hard. Maybe I subconsciously didn't take them so I could see what will happen. Apparently the answer is not function properly. If I'm being honest I knew I wasn't taking them but at the same time I forgot which doesn't even make sense.

A random question pops into my head. "What do you think about Jack?" I ask her and sit down on her bed.

"I'm cool with you dating, but I don't think Marissa even knows this guy very well. But I do want you to be happy." She said. This time I remain calm.

"Marissa said she trusts this guy and I trust her, but if you don't want me going out with him, I won't." I say this is all up to her.

"Mmm, I guess if Marissa can trust him, I can too." She says back. I don't actually trust this guy but Marissa trusting him gives me faith. I'm glad for once it's not someone in the spotlight. If I'm quiet there will be no paparazzi. It may even be good to feel some sort of normality in my life.

Two days go by quickly without anything crazy happening. I started taking my medication and I feel more in tune with myself.

Maya's had breakfast with Wilmer the last couple days and they both had fun. Being on break I think has made me a little less tense with her seeing Wilmer.

Maya and I are in my room trying to find an outfit for my date. We've become so much closer and I'm so glad she's not holding a grudge.

I want a father figure for her. It will always be Wilmer for her but it could also be someone else. I still can't trust Wilmer but everyone else can. Even me myself who's holding the biggest grudge against him for good reasons, can see that he's a changed person.

If I am being honest with myself I actually can't see myself with anyone but Wilmer. He's made mistakes but I have too. Should I even be having thoughts like this before a date? Is going on this date a good idea? You know what it's one date, maybe it'll be good just to get out of the house. Yeah, this is just getting out of the house with a new friend.

It's five thirty and Marissa said Jack would be picking me up around six. I'm in a tight red dress, with a leather jacket and like six inch black heals. All picked out by Maya. I feel that I'm dressed way over the top for a first date but Maya likes it.

"Thank you for picking out my outfit!" I beam.

"Your welcome."She says, "have fun tonight."

Wilmer's taking Maya out to a movie at six thirty so she'll be alone for half an hour.

"You too, have fun at the movies, are you sure you'll be okay alone for thirty minutes, I can get Jack to pick me up later, or maybe Wilmer to come earlier. Do you have your phone?" I ramble.

"I do and I'm fine alone." I say. "Dad'll probably come earlier since the movies starts at six forty so I'm good."

"You have your phone I ask?" I ask. "Call me if anything happens." I say.

"Okay." She looks annoyed. "You already asked me that." She holds her phone up. "See." I got it.

I smile, just them the doorbell rings, it's Jack.

I open the door. Woah, is all I can think. He definitely is pleasing to the eyes. He looks into my eyes and I can feel myself blushing.

"Bye, have fun tonight." I tell Maya while hugging her.

"You too." She hugs me and let's me go.

Jack's wearing a suit sorta thing he has a quiff which is cool I guess and he's like really hot.

Maya's pov

I guess I'm happy Demi's on a date. And my my is Jack something. Uhh Maya focus. Dad's coming in thirty minutes. For the first time I'm going to ask him what really happened to them.

I'm not going to accept 'sometimes people grow apart', 'we weren't right for each other' or 'we couldn't hold on anymore', there must have been something bigger an actual event. It just doesn't add up. It's obvious mom is more tense when she's with him. Dad still looks at her like he's in love with her which is kinda embarrassing.

They were married until I was three. That's like four years of marriage thrown away. I'm asking tonight right when he walks through the door.

And of course the door bell rings. Speak of the devil who's going to give me answers today.

I open the door and surprise surprise I see my dad.

"Hi, dad. Come in." I say.

"Don't you want to go straight to the movies?" He's asks. I just wave my hands to show 'enter.'

"I don't think I should." he says.

"Whatever, just come in." I say shutting the door with him on my side.

'I want to talk." I tell him.

"If it's about your mom being on a date, I'm cool with it, I want her to be happy." He says.

How does he know. How does word travel to him.

"How'd you know about that?" I ask.

"Her parents told me." He says.

Wtf, her parents still keep contact with Wilmer? How do her parents even know. I'm not even going to question it.

Actually I am this is all the more reasons why their relationship is so complicated. I'll just let it all play out. This is why I'm always so confused. I'm so out of the loop, like how do grandma and grandpa know? Whatever.

"Not about that, about you." I quickly say. "And mom"

"Oh, I already told you we just stopped having feelings for each other." He says. I'll add that do the list.

"We're going to miss the movies." He complains.

I don't care about that anymore. I want to know what happened. I don't even know what movie we were going to watch.

"I don't care, I just want to know." I say with tears in my eyes and lips quivering.

"Okay." He sighs.

He looks at his hands and opens his mouth to start speaking. Tear jerker always a hook and sinker.

...

Thank you for reading!
I appreciate all the comments.
Please vote and share :)