thirty five

Demi's pov

I honestly couldn't care any less of what Wilmer does. Of course when I start acknowledging my feelings towards him that's when he leaves.

Maybe I was being too clingy. He was the one that offered to stay though. Maybe he really didn't have a choice but to leave. His acting career has really been taking off and there's no denying that he's a good actor.

It'd be hard to turn down the amazing parts he been getting offered. I let Maya decide whether he should extend his contract or not. It's the kind of the thing that'll make her feel responsible for something.

I lay face down on my bed suffocating myself with pillows because I am so tired. My leg is sore, my head hurts and I don't want to move. I take deep breaths taking in the scent of the freshly washed sheets when I hear a knock.

"Maya?" I say, but my voice is muffled by the pillows. I hear her turn the door knob and walk in. I roll over onto my back and open my arms.

"Hey." I smile.

"I've been thinking about what you said earlier about dad." She says.

I really don't want to talk about this now my head already hurts bad enough but I just nod.

"I don't think you should've given me the full responsibility of what he does with his career." She says.

I bury myself back into the pillow. Of course I've messed up again when I thought I did the right thing.

"Mom." She says with her voice raised. "Can we just talk without you walking away and without you telling me I'm wrong because you don't like that my opinion differs from yours."

I was about to say something rude back but I've realized that's exactly want she's asked me not to do. It's just my defense.

I try to speak but tears choke my voice.

"Maya." I whisper.

She come closer to me and I was my arms around her and start sobbing. Maybe I had built up my emotions for so long. I try to stop the tears but it won't work it just gets worse.

"I'm so sorry for everything." I try to say I don't know if she understands me.

I know I've probably put so much stress on her from when she was little to now. She still is little now.

I pull away and wipe away my tears slowly. I can't help but sniffle and turn away.

I didn't want her to end up like this. With divorced parents like mine. I didn't want her to live with an angry and resentful mother. Apple doesn't fall far from the tree. Right?

"Hey baby. I'm sorry if I put to much pressure on you." I say as if it would make up for everything. She just nods. Maya is a very sweet girl.

"How about we FaceTime your dad tonight and discuss what would be best for our family. The three of us." I think that offer is pretty reasonable.

"I'd like that she says."

I lay back down on my bed with Maya by my side.

"I love you so much." I tell her.

She nods and curls in closer to me which makes me smile.

...

Thanks for reading :)