thirty four

Maya's pov

It's been a week since dad has left. Not much has really changed. I expected mom to go into full work mode but she actually hasn't done any work related thing.

If she didn't dive into her work I would have expected her to plunge into a depression because she was so upset over the fact that dad left but she's fine.

We've been spending a ton of time together and we have watched a crazy amount of movies. I'm pretty sure we've watched all the movies there are on netflix. Even the bad ones.

I think dad changed her and I thought all the change he left would leave with him.

I'm sitting on the kitchen counter which mom hates but whatever.  I scroll through Instagram and twitter mindlessly.

"Have you called your father lately?" Demi asks as she entered the kitchen.

"And off the counter. How many times do I have to tell you."

"Yeah" I say jumping off the counter.

"He called me a couple nights ago but I was sleeping." I say walking over to the fridge. I just want some chocolate milk.

"Mom do we have milk?"

"I don't know check in the fridge."

I'm at the damn fridge I turn around to ask her what she's thinking but her back is facing me. I take a deep breath and walk over to her.

"I was on the phone with dad last night." I say.

"He said they're offering him a longer contract or whatever to be in more episodes." I trail.

"He said I should discuss it with you because we started hanging out more as a family. And umm you started to let me see dad more and he doesn't want the job to distance us again..." I say looking at the floor.

I don't want to see her reaction. I know that mom and dad have been getting along but it could have just been for my sake. It hasn't even been that long that he's been over and I don't think a broken relationship could be fixed that quickly.

"Maya.. what do you want?"

That's new. She usually the one to make a quick decision without my input at all.

"I honestly haven't really thought about it." I say and that's true I haven't.

Why would I even form an opinion on something that I thought would get turned down by her. If I just have a neutral thought then I can't get disappointed.

"Oh then think about it and tell me what you want and I'll talk to your father about it."

With that I left the room. She's basically giving me the responsibility of my dad's career. Well kinda. I can't have the final say. Right?

I went up to my room to think. I wanted to be involved in family decisions not make them. With Demi there's no inbetween. It's either all in or all out.

...

Sorry for the lack of updates

I just posted a one shot on my book Blow For Love
You guys should check it out :p