Everything Has Changed - Chapter Ten

EVERYTHING HAS CHANGED

CHAPTER TEN

*TAYLOR'S POV*

  So this was it? Ed loved me? As if, he was in love with me? Well, I guess he is, why would he say that then? I took his hand and intertwined our fingers as he smiled at me widely and kissed my cheek. We walked in silence for a moment, different thoughts going through my mind. If we ever make things official, it would mean that Ed is going to be my second boyfriend ever. Sounds weird right? Being 25 with only two boyfriends. What can I tell you, you already know the story. I wasn't interested or wanted by boys back in Pennsylvania and when I came to Nashville I fell in love with Jake who got me pregnant and ever since I was 17 years old, the only thing I ever settled my interest in was my daughter Alison. Sure, there were few offers on dating but I never did so because I'd have to feel guilty for being with someone I don't love. Putting it in so high risk is just way too much for my own liking, I think.

 I was getting nervous by the killing silence running around us and I didn't know anything to talk about right now and seemed like neither Ed did. Thankfully, greatfully and all-fully my phone beeped, notificating me about a new text message. I put it out to see a text from blocked ID.

From: Blocked ID

Blondie and a Ginger? Isn't that awesome? See he's got a broken arm, hm? Well u better get on some deals with me before ur lovely ginger boy gets hurt even more than he is. xoxo u know u love me ;)

 What the hell was that text supposed to mean? I let go of Ed's hand and spun around to take a look in our surroundings. No one suspicious to be in sight, though.

 "Taylor?" Ed took a hold of my hand, me still trying to look around who would write that. "Hey, what's wrong?" he asked, forcing me to look at him.

 I wasn't able to say anything at all. I only looked him in the eyes and when I saw the force in his eyes, trying to get to know what the hell is happening right now, the tears started falling down my cheeks at once.

 "Taylor, tell me what's wrong please. Now." he kept telling me, wipping the tears away.

 I took one more glance at the text and hugged him tightly. "I don't want you to get hurt." I sobbed in his chest, which was a little bit hard because I'm half of an inch taller than he is.

 "What are you talking about?" he asked me confusedly, stroking my hair.

 I dropped my glance to the ground and handed him the phone. He unlocked it and read the message. His eyes shot wide open as he looked at me with no expression. Just for a moment I could swear I saw pain and fear in his eyes but all of that turned into a fierce and brave a minute after. Ed grabbed my hand and kissed the top of my head as I side hugged hugged him. When I calmed down a little bit, I wouldn't let him go of the hug so he moved his arm around my shoulders and we walked away like that.

****

 I knocked on Mrs. Peterson's door to pick up the two little rebels she's been looking after for me. It took a moment for her to open the door. Poor lady, she is a old and her husband died years ago but actually Mary was the only one from neighbours who gladly offered the help with children. She gets paid for it like every babysitter does even though she doesn't want her money. You know Mary is a really great person. I love playing the guitar and piano, just my daughter doesn't know about me playing guitar. It brings me so many memories to Jake. However, I once wrote a song about Mary and her husband, just right after I moved in here.

 *FLASHBACK*

 It was a pretty summer day when my father came from work. "Hey Taylor, what are you doing?" he asked, kissing my forehead.