Chapter Five

I'm surprised i didn't get pulled over. Really i am, i was all over the road, unable to see through the tears that were falling from my eyes faster then i could wipe them away, so i just gave up. Gripped the steering wheel untill my knuckles were burning white, and prayed for the best. Shockingly i arrived in one peice, physically that is, mentally i was a mess. Now i'm here sitting outside the center, unable to move. I knew what i was doing on the drive over here, but now what? Do i go in and confrount my deepest fear? Or turn back now and wait until she gets out? Or is turning back my deepest fear?

I don't know if i decided mentally or not but physically i was out of the car and walking towards the door. "Miss visiting hours are from 11-2 Monday through Friday. You'll have to come back in the morning." "I just need to see Dani Marks for one secound" "I'm sorry ma'am but rules are rules" the slightly over-weight nurse finally pulls her pug-like nose out of her book to look at me. "oh" see gasps, clearly my outward appearance is as bad as i feel like it is. "Please..." I whisper "Just for one second.." I say falling to my knees burying my head inbetween my knees crying. For a moment no sound is made, then finally she speaks "I have to search you first." I look up at her and try to give a smile but it turns out like a weak grimace.

"Visitor." The nurse says tanding in the door frame of a room that bears a striking resemblance to an undecorated hotel room. "Yeah Rose?" Oh my god... Dani's voice, god how i've missed it, no memories compare. I thought i had gotten myself under control durning my search but her voice brings tears to my eyes. Then the nurse moves and i see her. I really breakdown then, she wraps me in her arms and falls to the ground with me, i hear the door shut quietly then it is just us. "What are you doing here toots?" she ask softly brushing the hair out of my face "And what did you do to your hair?" Clearly she noticed the hair cut i gace myself in my bathroom that morning. "I need... you... I needed to..see.. you..." I respond in between sobs. Dani comforts me and holds me untill i quit crying.

"Toots" Dani says "What?" i say, the sound is muffled because of my face buried in her neck. "My foots asleep."  i move out of her lap, "Aauuuuuuhhh" she says moving her leg i smile despite myself. God i missed her. She saw my smiles and smiles too, pulling me close to her face, kissing me untill i forget about everything else.

I spend the night in her arms.