Palm Desert: Day 3

Merry Christmas everybody!
I hope y'all had an amazing Christmas.
BECAUSE MINE WAS BORING.
So after waking up at 8:00 am-
HOLD UP.
You're telling me that the glorious occasion of no school has come around and you expect me to wake up before 11:00? HAHAHAHAHA THATS FUNNY. YOU SHOULD BE A COMEDIAN.
-.-
So after that, I ate my amazing breakfast of an egg and yogurt. THAT'S NOT ENOUGH FOR PEOPLE LIKE ME. Then we drove 3 fluffing hours (not 1, not 2, but 3 hours of nonstop driving in the middle of nowhere) to "Palm Desert" Oh okay, so its a desert, can't be too bad, right? WRONG.
THE DESERT WAS 25°F (-4°C) AND WAY TOO SANDY. So I proceeded to freeze to death (and if you know me, you know that I rarely get cold) while sand got between my feet, which is literally the most uncomfortable thing ever. After 2 hours of this horrifying experience, we finally got in the car. And drove to San Andrea's Fault. That's the fault line in California. (Fault lines are where earthquakes start)  I COULD'VE DIED THERE. I WOULD'VE NEVER GONE TO HOLLYWOOD, NEVER MET DAN AND PHIL, NEVER GONE TO HIGH SCHOOL, NEVER BECOME RICH, NEVER GET A COPY OF BLUE NEIGHBOURHOOD OR CRYBABY, AND NEVER EATEN ANOTHER SKITTLE. THAT'S TRAUMATIZING!
I managed to survive (duh) and we did another 3 hours of climbing boulders in a desert. #Goals
Finally we got to a hotel, and guess what?
It hasn't been renovated for at least 7 years, the WiFi keeps failing, the lights keep flickering, the TV is outdated, there are no charging outlets, there's only one bed and a couch for four people, the wallpaper is peeling, and it smells of mothballs, old people, and diapers.
As if this Christmas can't get any worse.
It did.
Its Christmas, so literally every restaurant is closed, so only three places were open. My family decided to go to a Thai place. We got there and there was a 45 minute wait. 15 minutes later, we drove to Denny's (since that was basically the only place left) and guess what? It had been taken down. Denny's wasnt there, so after another 15 minutes (by now we could've just gone back to the Thai place) we managed to find Del Taco, and I had a nice burrito and root beer for my Christmas Dinner. How perfect.
Comment how your Christmas went (I bet it was better than mine).
Well, I will give another update tomorrow after sleeping on this stiff mattress crammed in with my sister (she kicks in her sleep) and shall I mention I'm on the couch?
All in all, I guess it was still a good Christmas. Even though I was in the middle of nowhere freezing to death, and eating tacos for my Christmas feast, I spent time with my family.
Even though I'm pretty sure my cousins and sister hate me.

~Lina