Chapter 2 - If only you knew what I'd gone through.

When I finally came around, I was confused as to where we were. Hunter smiled at me, “Good morning beautiful. Don’t panic. We’re in your room. It became really chilly, so I decided to bring you home. I know you’ve been exhausted. I don’t know why but, that’s not the point. I wanted you to be warm, and get the rest you needed.” He smiled at me.

“I do stay warm at a constant 108 degrees.”

Hunter nodded, “I know that but, I don’t think of that. I see my girlfriend who’s just physically drained. So I just did some simple addition and decided to do what I felt was best.”

I smiled because I didn’t have any way of explaining why I was exhausted. I couldn’t tell him what happened. I could see it just going horribly, “Hey Hunter, so I was almost killed in a battle with insanely powerful vampires. They were ready for a fight to the death, until they listened to us.” I laid there explaining this to him in my head.

He watched my quietly, “I’m not trying to rush anything but, when do you want to head back to Port Angeles?”

I looked at him, “Maybe later today, or early tomorrow.”

Hunter nodded, “Alright. Let’s just see if your mom minds us leaving this evening?”

I nodded, “Sounds good.”

We had showered, dressed and packed up the car with all of our stuff. I had packed up some stuff I was going to take back with me.  My mom pulled up as Hunter put the box in the trunk. She had just shut off her car and was climbing out, “You two are heading back now?”

Hunter shut the trunk shaking his head, “Just wanted to be ready to go when it was time.  We’re heading home later. We wanted to spend the rest of the morning and afternoon with you.”

She smiled, “Well you’re both invited to dinner at Charlie’s this evening before you head back. Edward, Bella and Renesmee will be there. Jacob will probably be there as well.”

Hunter smiled, “That sounds really nice. I can help you cook.”

This made my mom very happy, “This will be nice. After dinner you can take off from Charlie’s.“

Hunter and I both nodded. “Alight then. We should get over there at 4:00pm. My mom gently patted Hunters shoulder and, then quietly headed inside.

He looked at me, “Are you alright? You’ve been awfully quiet.”

I nodded, “I’ll be back.” I kissed his cheek softly and, left. Hunter headed inside with my mom.

I went to the beach.  I sat down in the sand, pulling my knees to my chest and wrapped my arms around them. I just needed to be alone for a little bit. Hunter had said something that caught me off guard. It kept repeating, “We’re heading home.” It just sounded so strange. He was my perfect companion. That’s why I imprinted on him. What was wrong with me?

I continued to sit there for a while. I mulled things over in my head. How could I let Hunter meet Bella, Edward and Renesmee? 

“A penny for your thoughts?” Hunter asked sitting down beside me.

I looked up rather startled. “A what?” I had no idea what he had said.

“A penny for your thoughts? It’s just an expression.”

I shook my head, “I wasn’t born yesterday. I’ve heard it before. I just didn’t hear you.”

He looked at me, “What’s with the attitude. All I was trying to do was explain something.”

I shook my head, “I don’t have an attitude alright. I just have a lot on my mind.”

Hunter gently placed his hand on my back, “I’m here to listen.”