Chapter 55 - It's for business. I'll be back soon.

"Leah how are you feeling?" Dr. Martin asked, touching my stomach.

"Not good at the moment." Hunter held my hand.

"Alright. We'll get some blood work, and another ultrasound. Then we'll do a follow up in two weeks."

I feel miserable, but I'm pushing through. "Ultrasound is waiting for you. See you in two weeks." I nodded, and left.

Cozied up on the sofa with Fred, "How are you sweetheart?" He asks softly.

"A little tired but good, Amelia will be coming on the 15th for two days, Stefan has a few things to sort out."

Kissing her lips, "And you say you're not cut out to be a parent."

"This is different, I can hand them back." Smiling.

"Look at how you handle Sebastian, you love him as if he were yours." he smiled. 

Propping myself up, "Because that is how I feel, it's how everyone feels about him," I hear the postman putting mail in the box, "be a darling and go grab the post."

Fred gently got up, "Be right back."

He brought in the mail and hands a letter over, "For you." He smiles.

"Thank you hun," I sit up and open the handwritten envelope, pulling out the letter I open it up, it reads like this - "Dear Ara, I request your presence in Volterra, I would love to finally meet you, I am sending Felix along to escort you, to make sure you are safe, expect him on the 8th of Feb in the afternoon, I hope you liked my gift? Regards Aro," I knew it would happen at some point, "looks like I'm away as of tomorrow." I stare at Fred.

He stares at me, "What is it baby?"

"You remember Aro and his siblings?" I stand up.

"I've heard of them, the Volturi right?" Fred answers.

He looks uneasy, "That's the one, Aro has requested I go meet him, one of the guards, Felix will be here to escort me to Volterra tomorrow afternoon."

Pain is written on Fred's face, he takes my face in his hands, "Why?"

"I knew this was going to happen at some point, don't be scared hun, I'll be back most likely the 13th, just in time for Valentines day." I smile.

His lips press down on mine, "Don't let them hurt you." He mumbles.

"I have done nothing wrong, they can't hurt me," pulling back, "best text Dad and Leah, let them know," pulling out my mobile, "Hey, I am going away tomorrow, Aro has requested to meet me, Felix will be escorting me, see you when I return, Ara xxx"

Once we finished the ultrasound, and blood work we left, "You're quiet. You ok?"

I nodded, "Nauseated." Then tears started.

"Baby don't cry." He rubbed my back. "You going to be ok at work. I know it's a short shift." I nodded, "Go you're late as it is." He smiled, kissing me, and my stomach.

"I love you." I smiled,

"I love you too." He got in the car, and left.

I decided to call on my father, I felt like I had to see him before I go tomorrow, "Hello, anyone home?" I call ascending the stairs.

Carlisle, "Yep. Everything ok? We're getting ready for a hunt."

"Yes, just wanted to see you before I leave tomorrow." Smiling.

Carlisle smiled, "Alice told me. You're safe."

"I know, bit nerve wracking," I hug him, "anyway I will let you all get on," pulling back, "see you all when I return."

Carlisle smiled, "Aro is safe. Trust me I know that." He hugged Ara, and so did Esme.