Chapter 27

Luke

"Alright today's the day." Calum said. They were finishing dressing up for they had some important business to attend to. Today was the day they tell their parents. First Calum's then Luke's.

Luke was so nervous the was sweating. "I'm sure it's going to all go fine." Ashton said when he noticed Luke. "Both your parents are very kind hearted people.

"They are also very traditional, christian people." Luke snapped.

Ashton just shook his head and grabbed his drumsticks off the counter. "I wish the both of you the best of luck and remember no matter what happens I'm here for you."

"Thanks, Ash. We appreciate it." Calum said.

Your parents are going to hate forever. NO they aren't. Don't be so sure. You're a disgrace to the family. Always have always will be. Now they finally have an excuse to get rid of you. Really? Of course.

"You ready to head out, buddy?" Calum asked Luke.

"Yeah." Luke said. They got into Calum's car and drove to Calum's house. When they got inside his mom, sister, and father were all watching a movie. Perfect.

"Hello dears." Calum's mom said when they walked through the door.

"Hey mum. Uh... Luke and I have to talk to you guys."

"Alright. What is it?" She said pausing the movie. All three of them just stared at Luke and Calum waiting for a response. They both sat on the couch. This is when they came to the realization they didn't even prepare anything to say. They both silently started to freak out.

"Well what is it, Cal?" Calum's sister asked.

"I-I-I-I-I-I-" Calum stuttered.

"Spit it out, son." Calum's dad said.

"I'M GAY!" Calum shouted. All three of them just started at him for a few minutes. Calum mentally prepared himself for whatever may come next.

Then Calum's mom started crying, but she was smiling. "Oh!! My boy!! I'm so proud of you!" She said. Calum's sister got up and hugged him. "I've always had the slight feeling you were, and I'm so glad you are honest with us!" Calum's mom said.

"I'm proud of you, son." Calum's dad said smiling.

A small tear rolled down Calum's cheek, but for the first time in a while it was a tear of happiness. His parents excepted him for who he is, and that is all he could ever ask for. But in the back of his mind he was scared of how Luke's parents were going to react to the whole thing.

"And the best part is... I'm dating Luke. I have been for a while, and we thought it was best that we got comfortable with each other before we tell our parents." Calum said grinning. He checked the time, it was nearly noon. They should get going soon.

"Aweee! O-M-G! I ship it!" Calum's sister said laughing. Both Calum's parents were so proud of the two boys for being theirselves.

"Now we should really get going. We still gotta tell Luke's parents." Calum said. Everyone nodded.