Chapter 23

*Luke*

Luke followed Calum. He had gone deep into the woods but Luke easily followed the scent. His scent was wonderful. His scent was like a blossoming flower with a masculine fragrance. Soon the scent got stronger and stronger. Until he came upon a open area. There were no trees or leaves just grass and wild flowers.

There was a magnificent view. The open area lead off a cliff. Calum sat the legs dangling off the cliff.

How far was the drop?
I want to get his attention but what if I frighten him and he falls!?!
Is he angry I didnt follow him a mediately?
What if he falls!?!
Does he even wanna talk to me?
What if he tries to get up and falls!?!

All these thoughts raced through his mind. Then sudden Calum leans forward and jumps....

"CCAALLUUMM!!!!!!!!!!!!" Luke screamed tears burst out his eyes.

Suddenly a red, powerful beast springs into the sky. (Did you guys really think u would kill off my favorite band member?) It roared a power roar as it flew around the sky. It seemed to be enjoying the free will of flight.

Then it seem to turn around. It was coming back and fast. It landed heavily in front of Luke. Its scales shined brightly in the sun.

"Hello Luke!"

Luke thought for a moment.
That's Calum! In dragon form!

"Hey Cal!" Luke said smiling. It was windy and the wind made the tears on his face cold. Calum transformed magnificently right in front of Luke's eyes.

"I wanted to show you this, but I knew you were too nice to just leave Mikey there by him self."

"Cal, this is amazing.... This view is breath taking." Luke said in disbelief. 

"I thought you'd like it." He said smiling. "Come sit with me." Calum said sitting back in the spot he was when Luke first found him. His legs dangled from the edge.

"Are you sure about this that's a long drop." Luke said edging closer.

"Do you trust me?" Calum asked.

"Absolutely." Luke said a mediately.

"Then yes I'm sure." Calum said. Luke edged even closer. "Do worry if you fall I'll catch you." Calum said holding out his hand.

"The helpful thing to say is you won't fall but I guess that works too." Luke said taking Calum's hand.  He sat down gently next to Calum.

"That wasn't so hard? Was it?" Calum asked. Luke giggled when he remembered saying the same thing to Michael not that long ago.

"I guess not." Luke said uneasily looking down.

"Hey, don't worry I would never let you get hurt. I would risk my life for you." He said putting his arm around Luke.

"I love you, Cal." Luke said smiling.

"I love you too, Lucas." Calum said smiling.

They sat in comfortable silence for a few minutes.