Flash Back 1

I followed Chase into the forest away from my parents. They were fighting, again. But Chase was always there when I just needed to escape.

"Come one!" Chase said, his little figure racing in front of me.

"How much longer?" I groaned. These flip flops were giving me serious blisters.

"We're almost there!" Chase said, holding out his hand for me. I grabbed it and followed him farther.

Chase came to a sudden stop and we were in a field of grass, with a few bunches of flowers here and there. Fire flies flew around us, teasing me to chase after them.

"Sit!" Chase order, plopping me down. I laid back as he did so, and we stared up into the dark sky, counting a million stars.

"I see the Big Dipper.." I told Chase, tracing its stars with my finger.

"I see a dinosaur.." Chase, pointing.

I let my mind escape from all the things my parents were yelling about, and just lived in the moment. Right then and there.

"Bella?" Chase asked, titling his head toward me. His green eyes starred at me desperately.

"Yes Chase?" He seemed to really want to tell me something.

"As long as the stars are shining at night, I'll love you with all my heart. Always and forever."

"Promise?"

"Promise."