Chapter Twelve

The next day everyone was congratulating us on our big win. People even jokingly asked me to give them an autograph. Of course I did it, though. I WAS FREAKIN FAMOUS!

I followed Marley into the lunch room. It was packed as usual, but everyone stayed at there same old lunch tables.

It was like mean girls. There was a table for every click. One for the artsy people, musicians, drama and musical people, wannabees, bad boys, popular boys, jocks, popular girls, fatsos, your average teenager, and I sat with Marley at the Cheer table. We had officially made the cheer table thing today, telling people who were on the team to sit down with us. Of course they did, we were almost more popular than Paige herself. Of course she still sat at the popular table.

I took a bite out of my apple and laughed at something stupid Hannah was saying. "And then, he was like...."

My eyes drifted off to Paige's table. When she saw I was starring at her, she lifted her hand and pretend slit her throat, then pointed at me. I smiled and made a heart with my hands. She rolled her eyes and looked away.

I looked over at Chases table. He was laughing about something Tommy just said. He threw his head back, flashing his white, perfect teeth. Swoon.

Soon Tommy stood on top of the cafeteria table. "Hello!" He announced, getting everyone's attention. By the sound of his voice, Marley's head shot up from her salad.

"I would like to make an announcement! " Tommy said, nervously scratching the back of his neck. A bunch of girls were drooling.

"Marley and I are now officially, dating!" He smiled big and pointed over to our table.

Marley smiled and gushed to the other girls at the table next to us.

"Get down, bozo!" Chase said, tugging at his shirt.

"Hey, Bella?" A talk figure blocked my way from seeing what Chase was doing.

I slowly looked up. Brandon.

"What do you want?" I asked him, anger rising up in me.

Out of the corner of my eye I could see Marley shooting daggers at him and flashy him many middle fingers. I held in a laugh.

Focus, Bella. Show this jerk what's up.

"I wanted to apologize for the other night... You know?" He asks.

"DAMN WELL I know!" I shouted back. Now the whole cafeteria had its attention on us.

"I made a bet with Paige, that she could tell everyone what happened to your mom, and you would storm off.." Brandon admitted.

My whole face flushed. Marley was right. How could I trust someone like Brandon?

"Fuck off." I whispered. I was ready to jump out of my seat.

"No bitch. God, your such a pussy." Brandon murmured, about to walk off. Everyone's jaw dropped.

That. Was. It.

I jumped up from my seat and pulled Brandon's shirt back, punching him square in the face.

WOW THAT FELT GOOD!

I was about to turn away when he punched me back, right in the lip. His actions surprised me so much, I fell backwards on my head. I tried to sit up but my head was banging from the concrete and blood was rushing out of my mouth.

Before I blacked out, Chase ran over and punched Brandon, again, and again, and again............