Chapter Four

"Ok! Game plan time. Right after you eat your lunch, come sit down with me and the other girls. Our table is right next to the guys. Got it?" Marley informed me. Since I was the new girl and all, she wanted to make sure I fit in perfectly, since she already say a North Valley Highs It Girl glow in me.

I nodded and got in line to buy lunch. I ended up getting an apple and peanut butter and health sandwich since all they had was gross lunch meat.

I went to the cashier and paid for my food.

"Hey, Bella!" A boys voice said behind me. I turned around. It was Brandon!

"Hey Brandon!" I said, smiling. I quickly paid the cashier and walked over to where he was leaning against the brick wall.

"How has your day been?" He asked, winking. I blushed and smiled.

"It's been good." I looked down the cafeteria to see Marley anxiously waving me over.

"Uh, I should really-"

"Wait! So.. I'm having this party at my house on Friday. You should come." Brandon said, smiling nervously.

Was North Valley's It boy nervous to talk to a girl!?

"Of course!" I smiled and nodded.

"Great, see ya there." Brandon winked and walked off. I smiled to myself. I, on the first day of school got invited to a huge party! Go me, go me!

I gripped my lunch tray and walked to the back of the cafeteria. Many girls were giving me stares as to why I was going to sit with the popular table. I looked over to a girl I had seen at cheer tryouts give me a nasty stare before slipping her leg out from under the table.

I tripped over her bulky Doc Martins and sent my tray flying across the floor, and my water spilling everywhere. Everyone at that table started to laugh, except for Marley who gave me a sympathetic look and told them to fuck off.

I was about to stand up when a boy rushed over and helped me pick up my things. My face was down but when I looked up into his eyes. I knew who it was.

Chase.

My eyes widened cause I couldn't believe it really was my best friend. "Chase!?" I exclaimed, making him look up at me from the ground. The whole cafeteria was starring.

As soon as he saw my eyes he engulfed me in a long tight hug. He whispered in my ear, "Where have you been?!"

"Away." I said. Guilt rose up in me for remembering how I never told him I was leaving, nor a goodbye.

"It's been too long." He said, pulling away and his smiled slightly fading.

"5 years to be exact." I said, trying to put humor into it.

"Like I said, too long." Chase said, rolling his eyes.

This wasn't the Chase I remember. This wasn't the Chase who picked me up when I felt down, lead me on new adventures. This was a stuck up Chase I honestly didn't know.

"Chase, I don't know what you want me-"

Before I could say anything else Chase picked up his lunch tray and walked out, leaving all eyes on me.