Chapter 10 - Part 2

"What are you even talking about?!" I shouted with tears in my eyes, "you didn't have to kill them! You could have just left Mum! And Tom didn't have to die just because he was gay! Now, please. Let Danny go." Dad moved his arm away from Danny and pushed him to the floor, Danny ran up to me. "Get Melanie." I whispered, I hugged him. Danny ran out of the room, "what's been going on in your mind?"

"I... I just want my life to be perfect," he said sitting down. He was still pointing the gun at his own daughter though. "My Mother said that life that isn't perfect isn't worth it, and that I had to take out the people who were ruining it."

"How did she tell you that? Grandma died when you was just born, even when you was born you killed someone!"

"That wasn't my fault!" Dad shouted standing up, "I'm so sick of you Katherine! You was my biggest mistake!" He pulled the trigger, I fell down to the floor. 

"Katherine!" I heard Danny shout, I looked up. Melanie was taking Dad away, I looked at Danny. "Oh my God, get a doctor!"

"Danny, it's fine." I said holding his hand, "do you really think that I'm that stupid." I said lifting my shirt, "of course I would be wearing a vest."