chapter 6

Zinnia

"Bye Zinnia! See you tomorrow!" Elena yells as she gets in her moms car and I wave back.

I get in my car and pull out. Ah, I can't wait to go home and eat a bowl of mint ice cream.

The door opens and I see my neighbor jump in. "Hey, doll face. Thanks for the ride." He says casually while buckling his seatbelt.

I just sit there and gape at him. "What? You can't just... you know what, I'm not even gonna argue about this." I shake my head and sigh.

He smirks. "Why? Are you finally realizing you love me? You know I didn't think this would happen so soon but it's definitely expected."

I roll my eyes and start to drive out of the school. "You're absolutely crazy to think that I could even remotely like you let alone love you."

He scoffs. "Sure. You know, we can be honest here. We both know you're already falling for me more and more each second. It's fine, there's absolutely no need to feel embarrassed about it. I could see myself entertaining myself with you for a while." He smirks and caresses the side of my face.

I smack his hand. "You're absolutely delusional. But hey whatever helps you sleep at night, weirdo. And you act as if I should feel lucky that you wouldn't dump me immediately." I roll my eyes.

He chuckles. "You should feel lucky. Lots of girls would just die if I told them that. Know when you have something very valuable on the line. And no that's not what helps me sleep, my late night exercise helps me sleep. And don't forget that fact that I'm so excited to sleep so I can dream of you." He wiggles his eyebrows and I pretend to throw up.

"You're so disgusting. And I can say for a fact that you're not of any value."

"Psh! Are you delusional? Look at me? I have to be one of the best looking guys on the planet. For sure in the top three." He tells me boastful.

"You're attitude is so toxic that it hurts my soul."

He grins. "That's not toxic. That's you're soul telling you that you've found you're soulmate. It's almost as if saying finally. You should be quite thankful, really. Most people don't find their soulmates this young."

I scrunch up my nose. "If you were actually my soulmate I'd jump off a cliff. The universe would never be that cruel to me."

He smirks. "You'd be surprised. In do time, baby."

"Gross. Do not call me baby."

"Why, baby? Hey do you want to get some ice cream?" He asks.

Well I did want some peppermint ice cream... But if I say yes that also means another agonizing minute with this hormonal pervert. But I mean foods always worth it.

I nod my head. "Fine. But only because I love ice cream. Don't think it has anything to do with you."

He rolls his eyes. "Sure it doesn't. Just pull into that shopping center." He points to a bunch of small buildings.

I turn into it and look around. "Ok where is it?"

He raises his eyebrows as if I'm crazy and points to a building in front of us. "Right there. You've never been to Baskin Robbins?"

"No?"

"What?! Where did you live before this? In a black hole?!" He opens the door for me as he yells at me. Did he just perform a gentleman move?

I'm immediately greeted with a cold room filled with different colored ice creams. "Oh wow." I gawk and rush to the counter to look over all the flavors.