Chapter 11

Ambrew's POV

"I'm sorry, but we have to take him."

"No! He's been through so much already!"

"You can't do this!"

"Why do you want Daddy?" 

"I'm sorry." I yelled. "But I have to. It's a soldiers job to follow orders, and the best time to take him into custody is while he's weak like this." 

"We won't let you!" Brice stood firm, holding his ground. 

There were many more people now, mostly men, and one woman, Ian's wife, holding his weak, sleeping body, face drenched in tears. "I was so worried... I love you and Colton so much." She whispered into her husbands ear.

I didn't know Ian had gotten this many new friends since he retired from the military. Also, how could he afford a golden wall? It seems so out of place. Why would he even bother to get it? When I asked his friends about it, they all just looked at the guy wearing a pendant, and another man wrote the words 'Long story.' in his note pad. I guess that's how he communicates. Now, it would seem we were at a disagreement. 

"I'm sorry. Ian is my friend too. We worked together back in the military." They quieted down. "I'm just doing my job. I promise that no harm will come to him." The room was silent when I waited for an answer. Eventually, I got one. 

"Fine." Ian's wife spoke up. "Just promise me we'll get him back, that he'll return to all of us safe and sound." 

She must not know the true threatening strength of her husband. I was just about to tell her how unlikely his return would be, when-

"He'll only have to be gone for a week, at most." Seto said, walking in along with Ava, Crainer, and Lancey. "Since dragon blood is known to be quite harmful to angels of corrupt, pure, and otherwise, it seems to be that Finn's dragon blood from his heart has gotten rid of both of his angels. He should now be human, if my assumptions are correct, which they may not be. Please don't take my word for it." 

Now it was my turn to be silent. 

"Then hurry it up already." Snapped one of the men. 

"But Mitch..." Spoke another. 

"Not now Jerome." The one in plaid was seeing our side. "Those guys are right." 

"Yah, and besides, the sooner they leave, the sooner we get Ian back." The shortest guy seemed optimistic. 

"Thank you, ...?" 

 "Jason. Call me Jason."

"Then thank you, Jason." I nodded. 

Ava seemed to be getting tired of all the talking, where as Crainer and Lancey still seemed to be having a hard time waking up. 

"Well, what are we waiting for?" Ava grumbled, picking our sleeping target up by the collar then laying him on her back. She turned back to face us, impatient. "Let's go!"

With some final goodbye's from Ian's friends, we were off. Lancey got to call down a helicopter, something he'd been looking forward to doing since the day we started training. It landed nearby, so we didn't need to carry Ian too far. After a few steps, Ava made Crainer carry him, saying it was his friend, and he'd barely done anything for the entire mission. Before Crainer could say a word in response, the sleeping man was on his back. All he could do now was sigh and deal with it. I don't really know why Ava didn't choose Lancey to carry him. Said man had done even less work than Crainer, and was much stronger. Well, it's more like Crainer's just rather weak, and Lancey is the second strongest -wait, sorry, no.- the strongest of us, now that Finn is... well, gone. Maybe that was Ava's goal, to make Crainer stronger? No, she probably just wanted to see one of them struggle, and Lancey would have found it easy. I guess she's just kinda sadistic that way. For some reason she seems to like violence. I mean, she's good at it, and smiles at a good challenger, so she must enjoy it. Right? My thoughts were disrupted by Lancey's squeals of delight as we reached the helicopter. 

It was large, even on the inside, with intimidating metals walls and rows upon rows of defensive and offensive weapons lining them. In the back there was a door with a advanced lock, leading to a room with the purpose of holding our captives, like Ian. 

If that room can hold demons, it can hold a sleeping guy. 

Crainer placed our new captive into his cell with a groan, glad to be relieved of the extra weight. "Oh, c'mon dude. He isn't that heavy!" Lancey teased as Crainer exited the cell, 'tapping' his friend on the back, making him stumble at bit.

 "To you, maybe. He's got to be over at least 200 pounds!" Crainer said as he locked the cell door behind them. 

"197." Ava interrupted. 

"What?" 

"His weight in pounds, 197."

We didn't bother asking how she knew. She just seems to know these things. Also, she's kind of a bitc-

"Ha ha, weakling!" Lancey voiced the only thing he cared about. 

"Shut up, dude!" Crainer blushed a bit, then started to chase the laughing man. "I'm not weak!"

"Yeah, you kinda are." I added, only stoking the fire. 

"Well, if I'm weak, then you're both stupid!" Crainer panted, tired already. 

"No, I think that only applies to Lancey." Ava spoke up. 

"Hey!" 

By now, everyone was laughing (except for Ava, but she did grin every once and a while, which had to count for something). We were forgetting the stress from the day, wiping away our worries, until a voice came over the loudspeaker. 

"Good job on your mission, soldiers." It was Captain Arcaviouse. "It's now time to return to base. Please prepare for lift off." 

The colour drained from my face, causing Crainer to stifle a laugh. Heights. Oh god. Shut up, Crainer. 

As we left the ground, slowly but surely gaining elevation, Lancey let out one last laugh. "Let's go home!"