*5*

*Johnnie's POV*

I'm happy that Kyle and I are friends, I really am. But... I really wish all that crap hadn't happened in the past. It would be so much easier for me to forget, but no, we had to go through an entire divorce together, and now he's asking me to forget about it all!?

I mean, I honestly want to, but at the same time I don't. I know I shouldn't think this since I have a boyfriend (and I'm trying to forget), but some of the best times of my life were with Kyle.

Crap.

I can't think like that!

I have a loving boyfriend, and he has a (not so) loving girlfriend.

Someone knocks on my door, making me jump.

"Yeah?"

Bryan comes in and sit next to me, face serious.

"You need to keep Chris in mind." He said.

"Wait, what?" I asked.

"Now that Kyle is back, I can tell you're having a hard time. I mean, you didn't even tell us that he lived across the hall from us!"

"What does me being weird about seeing my ex husband for the first time since the divorce have to do with Chris? It's a normal reaction to feel weird about that. Like, we spent almost two years doing nothing but loving each other, and now he's back right months after it all ended. Anyone would be at least a little shaken from that." I defended myself.

"I know. I would probably feel the same way if I were you. But, even if you weren't going to(and I both would and wouldn't be surprised if you were), you can't go back to Kyle just because he's here. That would break Chris's heart."

"It's fine, Bryan, really. We decided to start over."

"Start over how?"

"It was his idea, really, so I'm still not sure if I completely understand it. But I'm pretty sure we're basically just going to forget our whole past, good and bad. He still wants to be my friend, and I feel the same, so we just basically met each other for the second time."

"Wow. That's confusing as fuck." Bryan laughed.

"Yeah, I guess not." I chuckled. "But at least we're forgetting all of the shit that happened between us."

"Yeah man, that's pretty cool. But if you ever have any thoughts about you and Kyle as more than just friends, just try to remember what he did to you."

"No problem. Thanks for the talk. And just to prevent those thoughts, I'm only going to hang out with him when Chris and Meghan are both there."

Okay, so it might just be to humor him, but at least I could tell he was satisfied with that as he walked out the door with a smile and a wave.