*17*

*Kyle*

When I got home, Johnnie was already there somehow. He was locked away in his room, ignoring me as I banged on his door, pleading for him to let me in.

After probably ten minutes, he opens the door and yells, "What do you want!?"

"I want to explain."

"No." He slams the door.

I continue to knock for a few more minutes before he opens the door again.

"Fucking fine. Will you leave me the hell alone if I let you explain?" He asks, extremely annoyed.

I think about it for a second before nodding.

He sighs loudly. "Come in."

I step into his room and he closes the door.

"So?"

I take a deep breath. "You kissed me because you were smashed." He opens his mouth to respond, but I cut him off like he did to me this morning. "Just let me finish." He rolls his eyes but nods anyway. "Thanks. You only did it because you got dared to. I didn't think you really would because, well, you hate me. So you can imagine my surprise when you did. I couldn't pull away for a few seconds because I was too shocked. But when I processed what was happening, I immediately pulled away. I promise. A while later, you tried to take me into the shed and go further, but I didn't want you to do anything you would regret, so I took you to the hotel. They made a mistake at the hotel, I think, and there was only one bed, so I tried to sleep on the floor, but you wanted me to cuddle with you, and I wasn't going to turn up the chance to sleep in a bed. I know I should've said no, and I'm sorry."

"Are you done?" He asked. I nodded.

"Well, first, sorry doesn't cut it. And second, I want you out of my room now. I need to think things over." He snapped. I blinked back tears as I walked towards the door. I turned the handle, and then I realized something.

"I still love you." I whispered not yet making any move to open the door.