Chapter 5 Pt.2

Hyeon pov

The thing that I was worried about came true. My drunkard neighbour came at me and pushed me against the wall. I tried to resist but he's grip was too strong.
" How dare you cheat on me!! I loved you so much! Just die woman!!!" He started strangling me.

"Mister! I am not your wife! Calm down you are not in your right mind!!" I barely said to him.

"SHUT UP! YOU HAVE TO PAY FOR WHAT YOU DID!" He started pressing me towards the wall harder.

I can't breathe!!

And then I saw Hoseok standing in front of the door. I gave him a signal to grab the baseball bat.

Hoseok pov

I was so suprised when I saw a man strangling Hyeon. I saw her giving me an eye signal to grab the baseball bat in the kitchen. I slowly made my way to the kitchen and grabbed it. When I came to the living room, the man was holding his stomach. I guess Hyeon kicked him. I hit the man just enough to knock him out and called the police.

"Here, drink up this glass of water." I saw her breathing really fast and gave her a hug to calm her down.

"Breathe."

Hyeon pov

When he gave me a hug, I almost immedietly calm down. It took a lot of my energy to kick the man off me. Minutes later, the police came and dragged the man away. Hoseok oppa helped me with the police procedures and bought me to the clinic for a checkup. There was a few bruises on my neck but there is no big injuries other than that. Hoseok oppa came to my house and stayed overnight. I felt bad that he had to sleep in the living room.

The next morning, I could not find Hoseok in the house. Did he go back? I unlocked my phone.

1 new message

'Good Morning chingu! I left a little early. I'll see you at school then. Be careful!' I smiled at the text.

As I looked in the mirror when I was getting ready for school the next day, I realised that the bruise was really obvious. I wrapped a scarf around my neck.

Hoseok pov

Aishh... why am I feeling so worried.. Eversince that day I felt the need to protect her. I saw her coming to class with a scarf on her neck. During lunch, I asked her to follow me to a place where no one actually goes.

"Hyeon, remember when we were little, our first meeting was in a fire exit? You told me that the place was your stress reliever right?" She nodded.

"This place will only be known to the 2 of us. It's like our secret place." She smiled at me.

"Thank you Oppa, I guess I might use this place sometime in the future."

"The scarf on your neck is to cover up your bruise right? Is it really that bad?" She showed me the bruise.

"Aish that stupid man. I'm going to send you to your apartment after school. I'll accompany you."

After school, I waited for her at the school gate and we walked together to her apartment.

"Do you want to stay in my apartment for awhile or?" She asked.

"I'll just stay here for about an hour or two"

"Turn on the television while I go change into some comfortable clothes." I nodded.

After thinking for awhile, I thought maybe there is a better way to protect her.

"Pack up" I said to her. She looked at me really confused.

" I don't like you staying here alone. If you don't want to move apartments then come and live with me. " She looked at me weirdly.

"I have a guest room in my house, so you can sleep in there. I live alone so I would be really happy to have a friend with me. I won't feel lonely. And I don't have to worry so much about your safety."

After much persuasions, she finally agreed.

I led her to the guest room.

"Come down for dinner when you are ready."

Hyeon pov

As soon as Hoseok closed the door, I let out a sigh. I guess I would be staying here for awhile... I took a quick shower and organised my clothes in the empty closet provided.

"Hyeon, I'm sorry. Since I live alone, I don't really know how to cook. I only can cook a few simple dishes for breakfast. So, we have to either eat outside or order takeaway food." I nodded and told myself to learn how to cook main dishes.

"What are you sorry for? I actually wanted to eat pizza today anyways. By the way, where is your parents? Why do you live alone?"

" They are always busy with their work so most of the time, I'm alone at home. I used to live together with them and since they were out always, I lived in the big house alone. They agreed to buy for me a smaller house, and it's closer to the school. So this house is more convenient for me. They rarely come and visit me. Sometimes, they do come over and give me some side dishes." He explained.

"You call THIS a SMALL house? What kind of house did you have back then? I mean this is a 2 storey house. You have a really big living room, kitchen and rooms. You have 3 large rooms and each of them has a bathroom. And each bathroom, has a bathtub. Are you kidding me bruh? You're rich eh?"

"I'm not rich. My parents are. I want to get my own job and work hard for my own money."

I was impressed actually. A lot of kids are spoilt and depends on their parents if their family was rich. I like him wanting to be independent.

"Recently, my parents called me saying that they are going to the United States for work. I don't know how long they are going to stay there. That's why I'm happy to have you staying here with me." I smiled and nodded.

After dinner that night, I looked for an empty book and write down some recipes. I don't want Hoseok oppa to eat out always.