A Sparkly Encounter (A JongKey Fanfic) SEVEN

All the calls JongHyun received from TaeMin were rejected. He knew if he kept this up then he would just show up at his building like that time they’d argued and TaeMin had stood outside his building for three hours which of course resulted in him getting sick… The thought of TaeMin getting sick again made JongHyun come close to calling him back. But he didn’t. The things he’d said weren’t excusable.

            He had to push all thoughts of TaeMin to the back of his mind however since he was on his way to work. It had begun to be a growing habit for JongHyun to go to the shop after his classes (since that was when his shift started usually) so here he was now, reading and walking. With one exam still left to go he needed to spend all his available time studying.

            With his nose buried in a book, JongHyun didn’t notice the darkening sky above him. Rain would be falling soon. Thankfully for JongHyun he made it to the shop seconds before the first drops fell.

            “Hello!” Onew greeted. He was half hidden behind the counter with his arm buried deep in a box over flowing with key chains.

            “What are you doing?” JongHyun asked. He tossed his books onto the counter before heading to the back room so he could change into his pink shirt.

            “I’m trying to find the papers for this order that just came in… It should be in here… Aha! Ahhh!” The elder’s scream screeched loudly all the way to the back room as well as the loud bang of a falling structure.

            JongHyun quickly slipped his arm through his t-shirt sleeve and ran out to see what had happened with Onew. It was quite a ridiculous sight yet he wasn’t too surprised to see this considering it had happened twice in the past two shifts he’d been working.

            It was a lively mess of pink, purple and yellow with a bunch of silver and gold sparkles. Hello Kitty faces stared up at JongHyun which made him laugh. Onew had once again managed to knock over the post card stand and now it was lying over top of him.

            “We need to move that thing,” Onew groaned as JongHyun lifted it off of him.

            The two were busy laughing and cleaning up the mess that they didn’t hear the chimes from the door.

            “Yah hyung, what are you doing on the floor?”

            JongHyun stiffened. He’d recognize that voice anywhere. It wasn’t the same weak voice from the last time they’d met, nor the harsh voice from the first time they’d met. In fact, it held nothing but concern this voice.

            Onew stumbled to his feet, putting all the post cards he’d gathered up carelessly on the rack. From his spot on the floor, JongHyun could see Onew’s surprised face.

            “Didn’t I say to take a few weeks off? It’s not like you’re not getting paid for your time off!” he yelled.

            JongHyun couldn’t see Key but for some reason he saw him putting his hand on his hip. The huffy sigh he heard only made him more convinced that he was exactly in the position he’d though him to be in.

            “It’s boring being at home; there’s nothing to do. Plus, I’m fine! A little cast and some stitches won’t affect my work.”

            “I already have someone in right now,” Onew explained calmly.

            “Who?! This is my shift!” Key screeched.