Let it Begin

My eyes slowly opened to a dark room. The moon was low in the sky along with the stars that were fading as the sun was about to peak over the the earth's surface. It was about five in the morning. I got up and dressed myself then went to the kitchen for breakfast. Once I got there, I started a fire in the fireplace so I could heat up some water for tea. I also grabbed a bagel from the basket on the counter.

While I ate, the horse walked in. He didn't notice I was sitting there when he entered in the room. "Hello Jean." I said with a slight sigh in my tone. He jumped and whipped his head over my direction.

"H-Hello Captain!" Jean stumbled as he gave me a stiff salute. He broke out in a cold sweat. I slightly raised an eyebrow at him, then just continued on with drinking my tea. Jean just stood still for a moment, slightly puzzled, then decided to go sit down at a table. A table that was on the opposite side of the room. Typical.

Not too long after Mikasa, Eren, and Armin all came in. They joined Jean's table while I ate by myself, and I'm glad they did. I didn't want them ruining my appetite.

I finished eating not too long after they entered. I stood up and walked over to them. "When you're done eating, come outside and wait for me to get the carriage."

"Yessir" They responded, and with that, I left.

I walked to the infirmary. I opened that familiar door and saw Hanji sleeping on her side. I approached the bed and sat down on the edge near her legs. She looked so peaceful.

"Hey Four-Eyes. Today's the day. When I get back from this, I'll try to talk to you about my feelings, Okay? Hopefully you still feel the same way from when you talked to Lydia." I felt a little stupid for talking to Hanji while she slept but it just made me feel better, sadly(Dang, I'm pathetic). I gave Hanji's arm a rub then stood up. "See ya later." I left.

I went outside and the 4 cadets were chatting and waiting outside the doors. "I'm going to go get the carriage, stay put." I told them. I went to the stables, got 2 horses, strapped them to the carriage, and got ready to go.

~Time Skip~

"Quit it, Jean!"

"How about you quit being alive!"

Ughhh...
Jean and Eren were bickering in the back while Mikasa just rolled her eyes and ignored them while Armin tried to cut in and tell them to stop.

"Um, guys? Maybe you should stop... I don't know... I just think it's not an appropriate time for arguing..." Armin softly said under their yells.

"Quit it, you two, before I have to come back there and shut you both up myself!" My voice finally boomed at them.

"Yes, Captain.." Jean and Eren said quietly in unison as they hung their heads in embarrassment. We then continued on our way in silence.

After quite awhile more of traveling, we pulled into an open area and hopped off the carriage. We didn't park right in front of the underground bunker because we didn't want those giants down there finding us.

"Okay what's the game plan?" Armin asked, of course always thinking before hand.

"Nothing much. We just have to go in as quickly and quietly as possible, get some papers, then leave without getting noticed. You guys can just follow my lead. Got it?" I asked them.

"Yes sir!" And the 4 gave me a salute.

"Okay, let's get to it then."

~

We went down the tattered stairs to this underground bunker. I held a dim lantern in my hand that made just enough light to see about four feet ahead of me. The horrid memories flooded back into my mind. The same stench of mold and mud filled my nose. The tense atmosphere surrounded me. I wanted to leave and get away from this mission, but I had to carry on,
for Hanji.
When I reached the last step, I grabbed the rusty doorknob. I went as slow as possible when turning it because it shifted with a screech.
The inside still had the same atmosphere and filth to it, but all the papers we're cleaned up. After standing there a bit, wondering where they could've gone, I signaled for the four to continue on with me by the wave of my hand. We got to the hallway and it was swept up too. A lot of papers were in the room Hanji was kept in so I decided to head there next. We silently walked towards the room and I used the little light I had from my lantern to see which room it was. It was the second to last room down the hall. The chains still hung from the ceiling and Hanji's dried blood stuck to the cuffs. I looked away from the sight and searched around the room.

Cleaned out.

Where the heck did all those freakin' papers go?

I exited the room, shoving past the cadets who slightly blocked the doorway who were trying to follow me. I walked down the hallway and went down the area I never been down. The eerie place seemed empty. This was going pretty well so far except the fact all the papers were swept up.

The first room down the unexplored hallway was some sort of kitchen. The square room had an L shaped counter in the back right corner with wooden cabinets above it. A sink was attached to the marble counter and was ever so slightly on, slowly dripping into the moldy drain. Nothing was in here besides plates and cups that sat on the countertops.

I left that room, and continued down the hall. There were three more rooms down the hall that just seemed to be some sort of bedrooms. There were tattered-up mattresses on the floor with filthy, torn blankets thrown on top of them. There were also some dressers so I checked in them and they were only filled with large, dirty clothes. There was only one room left. It was on the end the hallway. It was a heavy looking door, made of some sort of metal. A small square window with thin iron bars across it sat towards the top of the door. There seemed to be a very small amount of light coming through the tinted glass.
I turned toward the cadets and held my index finger up to my lips to make sure they knew to be absolutely silent. I walked up to the thick door, got on one knee, and pressed my ear up to it to see if I could hear anything. It was completely silent. All I could hear was my blood flowing through my head.

But then I heard slight mumbling. I listened a little more carefully and realized the sound was getting louder.
Closer.
Right when I noticed, I was about to get up and run for it but it was too late.
The door swung open and a familiar man a little over 6 feet looked down at me. I immediately got to my feet to run even tho I knew wouldn't make it away. His eyes filled with fury and I turned to sprint, but after I took just one step he reached out, grabbed the back of my collar and yanked me back. He then put his grip around my neck and slammed me against the hallway wall. I grunted from the strong impact. I wrapped my hands around his thick wrist, struggling to breathe and wanting to break free.

More men came from the room and were about to ask what was going on but saw us and remained silent. The cadets started to charge towards the man handling me and the other large men charged towards the cadets.

"It was a bad choice to come here.." The man gripping me said with a smirk.

Let it begin...

~

OHHHHH TIME TO FIGHT SO SUSPENSEFUL.
YOU'RE WELCOME
THANKS FOR READING :D PLEASE
LIKE
COMMENT
AND
SHARE

THIS CHAPTER IS DEDICATED TO @soggybella679g
BECAUSE SHE REMINDED ME I NEEDED TO HURRY UP AND UPDATE XDD THANK YOU!

Love,
Charlotte ps
^3^