Awkward

((GUYS THIS STORY IS CHANGING FROM THIRD PERSON VIEW TO LEVIS POV, SO REMEMBER THAT. IF YOU GUYS HATE IT THEN I CAN CHANGE IT BACK, BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW IF YOU LIKE IT BETTER OR WANT IT BACK TO THE WAY IT WAS))

I slowly turned around to see Hanji laying in the bed, trying to look at me. Her eyes were squinted from the light and her voice was muffled from the oxygen mask.
It took me a second to process it all. Was she really awake or was I dreaming again like that dream I had? I clenched my hands into fists and felt my nails dig into my palms.
I felt the pinch.
I wasn't dreaming. It was all real. My eyes couldn't believe what was in front of me.

"This is my chance.. I can tell her how I feel before she leaves" I thought. I approached the bed and sat back down on the stool next to Hanji.

"W-where am I? What happened?" Hanji questioned with a terrified look in her eyes. Her voice trembled. I couldn't bear it. I could tell she was beginning to panic, so I put my hand on hers to see if that would help calm her down. She started to sit up, and she squinted from pain and took her hand from mine and put it on her side. She hesitantly picked up the white sheets on top of her. The back of her hospital gown wasn't tied in the back, allowing her to lift the side and reveal the stitches. Her eyes widened as she stared at them. She looked back up at me and a single tear streamed down her pale face. She stared, waiting for a reply from me.

"What's the last thing you remember?" I asked her so I could know where to start.

She looked slightly up, trying to remember. "Oh yeah.. The colossal Titan, and I was on his shoulder, and I was knocked off and landed on the ground and blacked out." She said, raising her voice at the end, as if a question, not sure if she was right on the information.

"Ok, well you landed on the rubble from the treehouse and some of the shards got deep in your side. The hard landing you took also made you shatter your ribs and break your wrist." I explained.

"Oh.. So I'll be ok?" She whispered extremely quietly. I could tell a little bit color drained from my face. I didn't want to, but I had to tell her.

"Well..." I began hesitantly. I lifted the oxygen mask off her face and laid it on the table next to the bed (even tho Dr. Zerlo said not to touch anything, but he didn't seem to mind). "You see, the cut on your side got infected and spread and is getting worse." I tried to show my usual, bored expression. My voice was monotone. I didn't want her knowing I felt horrible about this and that I was getting "soft". "You probably have about an hour or so left.." I sighed out, as if I didn't care at all.

She swallowed through her dry throat and gave a small nod. More tears drained from her eyes as she sunk her slightly lifted head back into the pillows. She squinted, assuming from pain, which forced more streaks down her face. She took in a tremulous breath and lifted her arm with the unbroken wrist on top of her eyes. She began to sob as she had her forearm across her eyes. Her sobbing sounds made me want to say everything would be alright, but it obviously wouldn't be. Not just for her, but myself too. All I could do was watch as she cried.

After a few moments she took in one last audible breath and looked at me with her bloodshot eyes. "Can you hand me my glasses?" She innocently asked as she pointed at the little table next to her bed, where I placed the oxygen mask.

"Tch, sure, whatever Four-Eyes." I responded, turning to the table. I grabbed them by bridge between the lenses and placed them on her face. When I started to put the sides around her temples, she put her fingers on them and guided them to behind her ear.

"So... Who all visited me and how long has it been?" She asked, trying and failing to give a small smile.

"No one and about a day.." I responded with a shrug.