Michelle Ma Belle

I woke up.
My stomach growled immediately, demanding me to feed it.

"Ugh... I don't feel like leaving my bed..." I complained in my head. I shuffled around in my sheets a bit until I decided to sit up. I ran my fingers through my black locks, attempting to comb my bedhead. I sat there for a moment, remembering what happened the night before. The whole flashback came back to me; more vivid than I wanted. I plopped back down onto my back and placed a white pillow on my face and groaned into it. After sitting there for a moment with it just sitting on my face, a knock on the door alerted me.

"Breakfast is ready, corporal." A voice said behind the door.

Erwin.

I didn't want to see him ever again. I chucked the pillow that was on my face at the door. The wooden door rattled loudly.

"Go away!..." I said with a drowsy groan. I heard his footsteps, indicating he was leaving. A placed both hands on my face and swiped upwards, making my fingers comb through my hair once again.
I got up and proceeded to get dressed. Once in uniform, I walked out and walked towards the mess hall. I just grabbed a small loaf of bread and quickly made my way out of the room- until a voice stopped me in my tracks.

"Hey Levi!~" a voice cheered. A turned around to see Hanji patting a seat next to her.
"Sit next to me!"

I was going to just roll my eyes and walk out, but something just seemed to be telling me to go and sit.

Ok.. I'm gonna ask her what happened last night.

Wait, no, I shouldn't. That will make me seem stalkerish.

"So, how's it going, shorty?" She asked with a playful smile. I sat there looking at the table silently.

"Levi? You ok?" She asked, poking my shoulder.

"Why did you kiss Erwin last night?" I asked without moving my eyes.

"W-what?!" She asked surprised and almost scared.

"I said, why did you kiss Erwin last night?!" I yelled out now turning towards her and hitting my hands onto the surface of the table. Everyone was now silent and listening, and I couldn't take back what I asked. It was said, and everyone heard.

"H-How do you know I kissed him? Were you stalking me?!" She asked as her eyes started to water a bit. She seemed horrified at the fact I saw that and asked that.

"I was just going to, um, check up on you to see how you were doing." I lied while a pink tint crossed my face. "But just answer my question!" I don't know what gotten into me. I was making a complete fool of myself.

"Levi!" Erwin yelled furiously from the other side of the table while slamming his fists onto the surface, making cups and plates rattle a bit. "I was drunk! Ok?! Are you happy now!? I apologized to her, but now you're making me bring it back up! Hanji and I obviously don't want to talk about it, so keep yourself out of other people's business!"

I stared in shock.

How could I not have thought about that?! That glass shatter that woke me up must have been a wine bottle or something..

Hanji stood up and raced out of the room. Everyone watched as she slammed the door.

"Everyone, just eat your breakfast." Erwin said loudly, more calm and collected. Everyone eventually was back to eating their food; most talking about what just happened.

"Levi." Erwin said to me as he sat down on the seat exactly across from me. He crossed his arms and placed them on the table and leaned in, making sure no one else could hear. "You need to go apologize to Hanji, now." He whispered. I slightly rolled my eyes at him and got up and left the mess hall with now half a loaf of bread with me.