As Far As The Road Goes

*phone rings*

"Hi love!" I pick up my phone answering after watching the caller ID. 

"What's up?" I ask.

"Do you wanna go out tonight?" the voice on the other end asks.

"Sure cutie, where too?"

"The annual Christmas show. The Singing Christmas Tree?" she says.

"Oh, sounds cool enough, what time?" I question, lying down on my bed.

"Show starts at 5, I'm leaving at 4. Don't be late!" She warns.

"Yes love, I won't be." I coo then chuckle.

"Stop flirting with me Chase! You know I have a boy..."

"Boyfriend! Yes, I know." I cut her off and roll my eyes as if she could see.

"I'll be ready by then Trish." I say mildly coldly and hang up.

The year was ending, I promised myself I would hold off of flirting with Trish; my best-friend. She has a boyfriend, but I have always loved her, and she knows it! I'm pretty sure as well that she loves me too, but won't say. I guess she sees even admitting it is cheating.I try really hard to leave her alone, and convince myself out of loving her, but I can't help the way I feel and wanting to express it to her, and just the same, she doesn't try to stop me right away when I do.

I sigh then get up from my bed, I head outside to look over my dogs and shut them up for the night, then I head back inside to shower. I stand under the hot water for a while, thinking, but not about anything in particular. Maybe not thinking at all, I just let my mind wander and wash away my thoughts as it hits my back and run down my body. I sigh once more before I actually decide to do something.

It was after 4:30 when I checked my watch again. So much for not being late, I text Trish.

Me ( 4: 32 pm): I'm ready... do i come by you, or....

Trish ( 4: 45 pm) : No, we're on our way.

I head out to the side of the road in front my house and wait. Pretty soon a silver car pulls up in front of me, I hop in.

"Hey." I greet Trish and her mother as I get in the car. I peep my watch ; 4:47. 

The travel to the show wasn't really exciting, barely room for small talk, the journey was made in breath holding silence.

We arrived 15 minutes after the start time and already the three reserved car parks were full, along with the sides of the road.

"Wow, you think we can still get in there?" Trish's mom asked to no one in particular.

"It seems now we might have to wait for the 7:30 show." Trish frowned

I was going to continue sitting in the back with a pinned mouth, until the duo turned around and looked at me.

"Whatever you two choose." I shrug my shoulders.

"Let's go and see what's happening." Trish's mom suggests and we get out the car.

Trish wore a silk cotton, white and orange dress, long and flowing, I watched as it hugged her small frame, I chuckled at my folly when I felt envious of the dress and wanting to be the one to hold her.

When we arrived at the show hall, many people were still aimlessly walking around, more so looking for seats to watch the show. Just on the outside of the hall, seating was placed to watch it on a 30 inch screen.

"Okay, how about we watch it out here first, and still catch the 7:30 show to catch what we missed, and whatsoever else." Her mom suggested. Trish smiled and shook her head yes, I smirked and shrugged okay.