Thanks For Breaking My Heart

You know what hurt most in my life? You know what killed me about our relationship? When we broke up. When you broke my heart. It was all like yea, goodbye, thanks for nothing. And that was it. I did all I could, I tried my best. But you wanted more.  What could I give? I'm not the president, nor am I your parents. I am your ... I mean, I was your guy, I was your partner, I was your lover, and this is what I get in return. I don't know what you got out of this, well as you said, nothing, but I know what I got, and I'm here to say thanks.

Thanks? you ask. 

Yes thanks! I say. 

Thanks for what? Breaking your heart? 

Yes that, and in every way.

I want to thank you for breaking my heart. I want to thank you for ripping it apart. I want to thank you for treating me this way, cuz baby now, it's a new day.

I want to thank you for leaving me hanging, I want to thank you for shutting me out. I want to thank you for lying, I want to thank you for that shout.

When you screamed at me for lying, cheating, breaking your heart and leaving. But it was you who tried to turn it all around, and that was what you were believing.

'Cuz I'm stupid right? And you know better. So put the blame on me, blame me in every weather.

But back to the task at hand. I'm thanking you and not blaming. Cuz this pain I feel is real, unlike you, who was faking.

Thank you for breaking my heart and making it come to a standstill. Thanks for this emotional coaster ride over heartbreak hill.

Thanks for breaking my heart, leaving me for someone new. Special thanks to that same guy, who left you then, and out the door he flew.

Now, as you sit there and cry, thanks for allowing me to move on. Thanks for breaking my heart, so I could find my true number one.