Chapter 8

James PoV

Lily had been acting weird all day. She was being kind of flirty and not at all like herself! I didn't mind her flirting with me though!

I was walking down to potions with her when her friends came running up. I didn't want to be rude, so I left them to themselves.

When I walked in the room I saw snivelous. That means the Gryffindors were paired with the Slytherin. Darn. I went and found a seat. Lily came in soon and saw that the chair next to me was taken by Sirius. I saw her pout a little. The bell for class to start soon rang.

"Oho! Good day everyone! I've decided since it's the first day we would do something fun! I am going to let you choose one of he potions in your books and I'll let you choose your partners as well! Off you go!" Slughorn said.

"James. Do you want to be my partner?" Lily said coming up to me.

Lily Evans was asking me to be her potions partner! I couldn't believe it! Me! She had hated me for so long! What was with all the sudden interest?! Not that I was complaining!

"Sure lil." I said. Then I turned to Sirius. "It looks like Marlene doesn't have a partner. Remus and Peter are already paired together. Sorry mate. But when the girl you like asks you to be your partner you don't say no!"

"It's okay. I like McKinnon all right. You have fun mate." Sirius said then left.

"So, what one do you want to do?" She said sitting really close to me. I could smell her a bit. It was intoxicating. I couldn't quite think straight.

"I don't know lils, whichever you'd like to do." I said trying so hard to get my thoughts in order. While I was saying those words she started to get closer to me and was touching my arm.

"How about a befuddlement drought? That one is easy enough." She said. She was still looking at me and touching me. I was having a bit of trouble getting to the page in my book.

"Yeah. That one sounds great." My voice quivered a little. I got all the stuff to make it from the cupboard and got to work.

"So first we need to crush the bean of a spraxious plant. And cut up the salamander tails. I'll crush the beans. If you want to cut the tails?" I was trying so hard to pay attention.

"Okay." She said. I could see confliction in her eyes.

"Done." She said soon.

"Me too." I said crushing up the last bean.

I was soon left alone to do the potion. It seemed lily had lost all her common sense. And I was pretty close to loosing all of mine too! With her hands all over me like they were! She was touching my arms, my neck, my chest, my knees, and just rubbing her hands all over me! All I wanted to do was turn around and kiss her! But we were in class. I couldn't do that. Could I?

I was trying hard not to loose control of myself when I saw snivelous glaring at us. He was Looking at lily running her hands all over me. It gave me satisfaction to see him jealous. But I didn't know how much longer I could take! Surely one kiss wouldn't be to terrible! But no. No. I was in class. But she was basically asking for it! Not so much with words, but still!

"Lily.... Ummm.... Uh... Could you just... Uh.... Just.... Just... Stir This for a minute?"

"Hmmm?" She wasn't really paying attention. Her head was on my shoulder eyes closed. Her hands still on me.

"Just stir this for a sec?"

"I guess." She said sitting up. Once she wasn't all over me I could think a bit more clearly.

"I just gotta go talk to Sirius." I went to his table.

"Sirius! I don't know how much longer I can do this! Lily is all over me! I can't think clearly at all! I'm going to end up burning the castle down! What has gotten into her?!" I said in a hushed voice.

"I'm sure you can do it mate! Just half an hour left of this class! Then you can be away from lily." He said.

"It's not that I want to be away from her! The problem is I want to be closer to her!"

"Well sorry. Can't help you there. I know a few good broom closets you could go to though." Sirius smirked at me.

"What has gotten into her?! She couldn't have had a sudden change of heart over night!" I said frustrated. I saw Sirius and Marlene exchange a look.

"What was that?"

"What was what?" Marlene said immediately.

"That look. The look you two have each other. What was that about?"

Marlene turned to Sirius. "Should we tell him?" She asked.

"I guess. I mean he's gonna find out sooner or later. Go ahead." Sirius replied.

"So I might have accidentally put a spell on lily. To be more specific, the spell I mentioned last night. Oops?" She said.

"I said no! You guys!"

"It'll only last a little longer. Then you'll have normal lily back. Promise."

"Thanks a lot you two. Thanks." I said sarcastically then I went back to my table.

"Hey lil." I said preparing myself for what I thought she was going to do.

"Potter." She greeted me. I was taken back! Just five minutes ago she was all over me! Now we're back to barley being friends! "Hey how long has this been on?" She asked, snapping me out of my thoughts.

"About 30 minutes." I said.

"Okay. So give it 15 more?"

"Uh yeah. Yeah sure."

Girls were confusing.