Bend And Not Break Chapter 13: When I Look At You

Everybody needs inspiration,

Everybody needs a song.

A beautiful melody,

When the night's so long.

Cause there is no guarantee,

That this life is easy.

Yeah when my world is falling apart.

When there's no light to break up the dark,

That's when I, I, I look at you.

When the waves are flooding the shore,

and I can't find my way home anymore.

That's when I, I, I look at you.

When I look at you,

I see forgiveness,

I see the truth.

You love me for who I am,

Like the stars hold the moon,

Right there where they belong.

and I know im not alone.

Yeah when my world is falling apart,

When there's no light to break up the dark,

That's when I, I, I look at you.

When the waves are flooding the shore,

and I can't find my way home anymore,

That's when I, I, I look at you.

When I Look At You- Miley Cyrus

BELLA'S POV

I could feel my body start to shut down as I felt the numbness start to wrap itself around me like a damp blanket. I tried to open my eyes but they felt like heavy bricks on my face. Although fear started to paralyze me, I felt a strange sense of happiness and calmness. The numbness was masking the powerful pain; I had felt earlier, which was pulling my body into a soft slumber. I knew I was too weak and fragile to fight death, which meant I had to accept it. There was nothing to fight for anyways, nothing that was better than this painless slumber. But all of a sudden I heard a faint voice in the distance. I couldn't make out what was being said, so I listened hard to the deep voice who was calling my name.

"BELLA! BELLA!" I heard the voice yell.

I listened hard again, trying to make out the owner of the voice.

"BELLA, WAKE UP! LOVE, YOU HAVE TO WAKE UP! PLEASE, BELLA, PLEASE! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH, PLEASE DON'T DIE ON ME!" The voiced yelled louder.

Love. Why did that word and the tone of that voice sound so familiar? I thought hard trying to ignore the numbness seeping through my veins. All of a sudden I realized who the voice belonged to; it was Edward! The love of my life. He was calling me. He wanted me with him. He didn't want me to die, he wanted me to fight. Fight for my life. Then right there in that moment, I knew that although life was painful, it would be better to be loved by Edward then to sleep peacefully for an eternity.

I tried to open my eyes again, this time they didn't feel as heavy. As soon as my eyes widened, I could see bright, luminous lights all around me. My eye lashes fluttered like butterflies as they tried to become accustomed to the brightness.

"OH MY GOD, BELLA YOU ARE AWAKE! I LOVE YOU SO MUCH!" Edward cried out as he held my head in his hands.

Since my eyes were fully adjusted, I was able to see the God staring back at me. He was so beautiful; his beauty sparkled in the light like snow on a sunny day. I saw tears start to roll down his fascinating face as he kissed me on my forehead.

"I thought I had lost you love. I was so scared. I don't know what I would do if I had lost you, you are my life and without you I am nothing. I called for the doctors and nurses and I wasn't sure if they could help you, but they did! I have been waiting for you to open those beautiful eyes ever since." He whispered

"I love you too Edward." I said weakly as my hand moved across my stomach, which was not flat, but in fact was a bit round. All of a sudden a surge of panic started to flow through my body when I thought about my baby.

"Edward, is the baby okay?" I asked nervously, hoping our baby was safe. In that moment I didn't know what I would do if the baby wasn't okay.

"Yes Bella, she is okay! I don't know how it happened, but the baby didn't get hurt! The doctors made sure she was okay!" Edward answered, tears started to fall from his eyes again.

What? The baby was fine? Oh my gosh, I was going to have a child, a little girl!

"We are going to have a little girl Edward?" I asked as I started to cry.

"Yeah Bella, when they did the ultra sound to make sure the baby was okay, they saw the gender and told me we were going to have a girl!" He said.

All I could do was smile as I heard Edward's sweet words. Edward and I were going to have a girl. I could not believe my dream was coming true.

"I think I have a name for her, how do you like Hayley Ann Cullen?" I asked rubbing my stomach softly.

"I think it is beautiful just like her mother." He said kissing me on the cheek.

I smiled softly, taking in the warmth of his smile.

"Thank you for fighting Bella, god I love you so much and I can't wait to be a father with you!" He said.

I smiled again as I looked up at Edward. As soon as I saw his bright eyes, I knew everything would be fine.

NEXT: Jake comes back and Edward being cute

A/N: I hoped you liked this chapter! Please comment and vote!